Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

@danielbeyzade haha 😂 yea probably. 

BHolla47
Explorer

@ZombieFried777 I have been in touch with Sony for the past two months regarding this issue but the only help I've had is a diagram of the original instructions...

Whereas I spoke to Amazon (where I purchased it from) and they sorted out a replacement in less than two days..

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

@BHolla47 they are good amazon they put most other companies to shame. I would definitely think that if you know you have assembled it correctly, then the fault is either the stand or something went wrong with the manufacturing process of your TV it can't really be anything else, might be a Friday afternoon one. I hope you get it sorted as it would drive me mad with it leaning that. 

BHolla47
Explorer

@ZombieFried777 what would you suggest? Getting a refund or attempting to wade through Sony's customer service?

mk1.golf.1983

On the base of the stand you attach two uprights with two screws. On each of the uprights there is a small hole where a small nipple on the base goes into (a locator). Are the locators in their holes?

BHolla47
Explorer

@mk1.golf.1983 yes they are in place and all the screws screwed in tightly to the correct place.

Al_Charles

I have fitted the base on both 49 and 55 inch tv's, both have stood straight with no lean.

jdi2399
Explorer

If you're referring to Nico Henderijckx, it would appear that he might be leaving Sony: https://twitter.com/tweety2b/status/631785264097173504

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Say it aint so! Ive not been a member that long, but from what I have seen on here he is the only one that was making an effort 

Abercrombie

Just had a conversation with Sony Support, who rang to check the new one touch controller they sent me was working ok.

I asked them when the next update was coming and they said within the next 9 days... Well we'll see!

Sent from my iPhone