Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.en_GB.title
gamorga69
Explorer

Just be aware that the next update if the same as thre U.S will bring HDR to the x93c and x94c as well as 4k 60p 4:4:4. Awesome news for my x94c.

dspencer999

cozzykim - No. Still got the PQ problems, and will look to get a replacement tomorrow, but it's brilliant news that Plex is potentially fixed for everyone. Just watching Avatar in HD, which was stuttering and pausing previously, and kept coming up with an error message that the server was too slow.

Has anyone else tried Plex since the latest server update? Make sure Direct Streaming and Direct Play are set to YES now.

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad71

Can I watch all my media on plex that is in mkv format through an 850c TV?

Abercrombie

Tigermad71 - in short, yes, Plex does play mkv files. At the moment I find Kodi tends to play the files a bit smoother (and with 5.1 sound), without the occasional stuttering that Plex seems to have now and again.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

Hi,

I too have the same problem with my W85C, with sound coming from two sources simultaneously. The problem has reappeared after the latest update. I think it is something to do with HDMI with ARC. I just select the correct HDMI source and switch off the other equipment!

regards

mk1.golf.1983

I just came up with issue on my W75C. Turned on the Playstation 4 and changed channel to HDMI1 and no picture, baffled I turned off the ps4 and tried again still nothing. Change to HDMI2 still nothing. Hard reset of tv (unplugging power lead) and now it's working. Today I installed kodi but not used it and also today I have been streaming soundcloud from my phone to the tv, that is the only thing that I have done different today. Glitch in the matrix? 

cozzykim

Yep, mine does this too, a minor annoyance but...

I usually manage to regain a picture by switching to TV (Digital) input and then back again.

cozzykim

@BHolla47

Did you fix the wobbly stand?

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

still no update today, so disappointing

mk1.golf.1983

But it's not the End of August.