Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alpay_TR - its a known issue im afraid.  Sony is aware, but i have no further information than that.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2175704#M44073

AnisKhan

I'm sorry if I've missed this back in the thread somewhere but my Arc audio has stopped working (it's been fine for ages). I've reset my TV and onkyo amp but still nothing. 

Anyone else having a problem? 

Thanks 

Anis 

hextablephil
Explorer

Sorry don't know about your amp but the general volume bug has been fixed
in update dated 12th April. After downloading update you have to do a
factory data reset in order for the software to work again.
A pain in the ass I know but at least it's working now (for me anyway)

I had a similar issue where the amp wasn't recognised by the Tv and only
the Tv speakers were used. I think it was fixed by simply removing the HDMI
cable from amp to ARC socket and plugging it back in. Similar issue
happened recently with PS4 not being recognised as a Bravia sync device,
same fix sorted that too.
profile.country.GB.title
sticklebricks
Explorer

Has everyone found lip sync to be better since the April update? I can't tell if I'm just used to the out of sync sound now!

After not hearing from since March when I was told my case about the lip sync had been escalated I've not been offered engineers to visit to repair the TV for me.

Not sure whether to bother as surely any problems are still on the software side?

Karoosha
New

I have found a way round this for me, by turning my set top box on first from standby then 30 secs later turning tv on from standby the remote still works & the sound is working:smileyhappy:

emersondub
Explorer

When I start recording a digital terrestrial channel and change the channel, the tv goes crazy with the HDD device detected screen popping up and closing frantically.

It shows the pop up for opening photos, videos etc on connected device and this flashes on and off.

Brand new HDD out of box and formatted for TV use. The program on the original channel records just fine though.

Does anyone have this problem?

Also - remote recording from app refuses to function - only on local network.

hextablephil
Explorer

I would try a different hdmi port or a new cable. That normally works.
Failing that update software then do a factory data reset. This normally
corrects bugs in software on the brava televisions
emersondub
Explorer

Hi hextablephil,

Do you mean another USB port?

Another problem is the tv sometimes says a DSAT channel does not exist. Eg Channel 31 BBC News Channel and the TV jumps to something that is in the favourites. Then when I restart the TV, the channel reappears.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@emersondub

Here are some issues for someone that uses Satellite tuner and have been reported to Sony since December 2015. Your reported issue is No1 :

1. Satellite Channels re-arrange themselves automatically if TV is Soft-reboot within Digital (DVB-T). Reboot from within General Sat "brings channels back" to your indexing.

2. Deleted Satellite channels re-appear themselves automatically at the end of channels list

3. General Satellite gives an error: No signal. Please check your antenna connection. This happens if in sequence:

a. Reboot from home or Digital(DVB-T)

b. TV starts in digital(DVB-T).

c. General Satellite is selected after Digital(DVB-T)

and... can be solved only if Digital is selected again and then go back to General Satellite.

4. Using Favourites lists in both Digital and General Satellite and browsing with Remote Control PROG +/- , mixes channels from these different tuners. Digital Favourites1 go by themselves to Satellite Favourites1.

5. Favourites are not numbered as 1, 2, 3 ... but keep their initial number from General Satellite list.

6. Sorting-Editing both Digital and Satellite channels does not move all channels downwards as before, but simply REVERSES(SWAPS) channels places. What I mean is if for example:

• channel No500 I want to be placed at No1
  • Move channel No500 to place of No1
  • Then previous No1 goes to No500
  • The common sense says that No1 MUST go to No2 NOT No500.

Also Quinnicus has part of your issue, also reported to Sony, here:

https://community.sony.gr/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2089574#M39396