Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

I am having issues getting Amazon instant video to work on my Sony TV it had been working up until Thursday night and will work on my laptop and ipad. The App will open and I can go to my watchlist and select a progam, but when I click on the watch program nothing happens? Any ideas, I have tried software updates and checking my internet conection all are fine (it will play netflicks with no issues)

Thank you.

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Mdfrancis111
Explorer

Seems to be working now.  Last night i tried, and all seems back to normal.  

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Glad to hear that it all is back to normal. And thank you for taking the time and getting back to us.

Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Yes all seems to be working now, it would seem that the best solution is to be patient and wait.

profile.country.GB.title
Burnieman1
Explorer

I am also having issues in connecting to Amazon Prime Video. It was working until a couple of days ago. My TV is a Sony Bravia model KDL-47W805A.

Amazon Prime works fine on my iPad. The error I get on my TV is “content error”, retry and cancel.

I have checked everything from internet refresh, switching off/on, resetting account with Amazon, and various other actions all to no avail.

Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do as I am at my wits end in trying to resolve.

Same problem for 2 days. Factory reset, un register from amazon etc, nothing worked. Therefore I can conclude there is a problem with Sony’s app integration with the amazon content delivery network.

@Burnieman1 wrote:

I am also having issues in connecting to Amazon Prime Video. It was working until a couple of days ago. My TV is a Sony Bravia model KDL-47W805A.

Amazon Prime works fine on my iPad. The error I get on my TV is “content error”, retry and cancel.

I have checked everything from internet refresh, switching off/on, resetting account with Amazon, and various other actions all to no avail.

Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do as I am at my wits end in trying to resolve.

Grahat
New

I have same issue on couple of Sony devices, only started in last few days.

profile.country.GB.title
Mdfrancis111
Explorer

Hi...a few people had the same problem back in November.  You can see/select videos, but you only get "content error".  Nothing we did resolved the problem.  We waited until Sony/Amazon sorted it out at their end.  You just need to keep trying.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  

profile.country.GB.title
Madavids
Explorer

I’ve got exactly the same issue - just started last night, again! Happened to me a couple of weeks ago and it just resolved after a couple of days.  Tried everything to fix it, deregistered, factory reset and all sorts - nothing worked.  Amazon were useless when I asked for help.

profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

Have a KDL47-W905 and have the same issue all was ok yesterday bit now its all gone to pot, although it may have a bright side in persuading SWMBO into investing in a nice new OLED.

profile.country.GB.title
CARATET
Explorer

Same problem here too. Very frustrating...