Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Amazon instant video not working on my Bravia TV

I am having issues getting Amazon instant video to work on my Sony TV it had been working up until Thursday night and will work on my laptop and ipad. The App will open and I can go to my watchlist and select a progam, but when I click on the watch program nothing happens? Any ideas, I have tried software updates and checking my internet conection all are fine (it will play netflicks with no issues)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Yes all seems to be working now, it would seem that the best solution is to be patient and wait.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @lecrampton,

You do not mention the TV model so I just presume you have an Android TV. Else let us know if it’s not. Could you perhaps try the following:

1. Restart your TV by holding the POWER button on the remote until it starts shutting off. Then try again. 

2. Check in the Google Play Store if there is an update pending for the Amazon Video app. It has been a while already that they have issued updates changing from Amazon Video to Prime Video. Then try again. 

3. If you have both the latest revision of the app and have restarted the TV but still can’t get it to work. Then proceed to empty the DATA and CACHE under SETTING > APPS > PRIME VIDEO. Then try again. 

Hopefully that will resolve the issue for you. Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

@dutchicethank you for your reply,

Where would I find the model number it is a sony bravia TV bought 2013 ish- I don't have google play? that I can see.

Under settings there is no Apps section?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

Think it is a BRAVIA KDL-42W653A

profile.country.GB.title
Mdfrancis111
Explorer

Same problem. I can see the video but cannot load the video to watch it . I have Bravia kdl-32ex713.  No problem with Amazon Video until 2 days ago.  Do I need to update my firmwave?

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

@Mdfrancis111

I've tried software update going back to factory settings... No solution achieved yet.

Same as you all was fine until two days ago.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@lecrampton,

Thanks for clarifying. That's certainly not an Android TV. Things you could do are listed below.

• Verify if you have the latest firmware installed by following the instructions here. It should be at PKG4.600EUA.
  • Make sure to update Internet Video Content Services by pressing the HOME button, then select [Settings] → [Network] → [Refresh Internet Content].
  • You also have to make sure that Updating Broadcast/Service Software is set to enabled by following the instructions here.
  • You just mentioned that you have Restored Factory Settings and that didn't make a difference, which makes me believe there is something else going on perhaps concerning the service availability. It is a good idea if you give it a few days then try again. Perhaps the service is encountering temporary issues.

@lecramptonand @Mdfrancis111 (since your KDL-32EX713 is from 2010),

It is very unfortunate that there is nothing more we can do at the moment. Service providers like in your case Amazon Video continuously keep updating and improving their distribution platforms. In this process they often have to make a choice on whether or not to keep support for older devices with fewer users day by day. It is well known that gradually support for older platforms will be dropped out. Which suggests that you might as well be thinking to resource to an external streaming device if you prefer not to update the TV itself for a newer model. You could now a days pick up a streaming stick that does anything there is out there in UHD (future proof) for as little at £59. The HD only versions are even cheaper and go for around £20.

Hope you find the information useful.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
lecrampton

@dutchiceI have tried all your suggetions, no luck yet will have to just wait and see.

Thank you for your help 

profile.country.GB.title
Mdfrancis111
Explorer

Thanks!   Helpful suggestions.   Will monitor and see what happens.  Everything else is working fine, so it's specific to Amazon Videos.  

I've had the exact same issue as well with my Sony bravia too. Ensured that updates are complete, refreshed the network. Deactivated my prime account and logged back in. Nothing.

I can access prime but when I press play nothing happens. Let me now if anyone fixes this.