Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

after update mine is flashing green-red. no image - just sound

@chrisc383 wrote:

@kinggo01 wrote:

it's worthless because it's not exactly what it should be. API23 supports DTS passthrough and that clerly does not work here.

I'm not sure what are you on about. I have XD93 with Android 5.1 and DTS passthrough works perfectly ok when playing through SPMC, via HDMI ARC to external Denon amplifier.

If you mean DTS HD - it will not work because of ARC limitations, not because of API level.

I have a W809C connected to a Sony STR-DN1060 and all I get (if I enable passthrough in KODI or SPMC) is either high-pitched noise og no sound... if I enabled the same in PLEX, all audio is converted/outputtet as AC3.

A new issue I have accoured, is that REMUX-material runs like [edited by moderator] now on PLEX (it never worked on KODI/SPMC without constant buffering) and this i really a big issue, 'cause most of my content is saved as "remux" ...serioulsy SONY, way to [edited by moderator] this up!

profile.country.GB.title
NRG117

Usual rubbish from sony . .Still juddering after marshmallow.. Made worse by the fact that a quick repress of the side i was watching would stop the judder..  Now it does not recognise a change to the same side as a change so i have to work around by pressing help  then back ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HUSH2H wrote:

after update mine is flashing green-red. no image - just sound

@HUSH2H - ive have forwarded this to Sony, with YT link.  Cheers

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter

tried that also and when I want to create a new folder I'm presented with usual MM greeting about write access to external memory card (which is not there in case of ES file explorer) but the end result is "no activity found to handle intent {act=android.intent.action.open_document_tree (has extras)}"

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

Try adjusting picture settings whilst watching Youtube. 

See what happens when you try to leaave the picture setting whist watching YouTube. 

[edited by moderator]

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

I just put YouTube on and changed picture settings whilst watching a video, and everything worked perfectly. What problem are you having? 

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

This crap new help menu which is a major highlighted new feature is rubbish. All it does is link you to a Manual and in fact an out of date Menu - very Stupid, not Smart. 

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

How did you exit picture settings?

so i press the action menu twice and then the Youtube banner appears again. Really poor interface. 

profile.country.GB.title
Soundizer
Explorer

Streaming channels only shows GOOGLE PLAY. no NETFLIX, AMAZON VIDEO, ETC..

What a joke