Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

:joy::rofl:

I read Marshmallow, but I was thinking about Nougat ... So I writed wrong post.
My mistake!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

3.925 isn't Nougat, it is still Marshmallow...

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Yes, is Marshmallow. Is my mistake!

profile.country.GB.title
graallen
Explorer

I was so incensed with the constant restarts and errors that i manually
installed V 3.925 at the weekend. It was supposed to have contained a few
bug fixes but i am still getting the the same errors etc. I just hope the
update to Android 7 Nougat will improve things but i am very doubtful and
shouldn't we have had that update by now?

by errors i mean "XXX service has stopped - and it a variety of crashing
services and they often cannot be cleared by pressing "OK" necessitating in
a system restart in the middle of a program.

Sony TV's used to be good but are now only slightly better than a pile of
junk

My TV is a KD49X8305C
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Philips is already distributing Nougat for their MediaTek MT5890 based 2016 models.

This recent Marshmallow release is a first sign that Nougat will most likely be delayed till next yearr for Sony's MT5890/ATV1 based TVs from 2016.

As for 3.925, it fixes nothing at all for me. I already updated my bug tracker.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Whatever update they do you can guarantee they won't have addressed the fact that the video player still plays many files in the wrong ratio and that the tv will still be coming out of sleep about a hundred times a night to activate and deactivate the internet convection. Both things are crazy. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes

Most issues are two and a half years old.

But they are happy they solve issues on every new firmware update.

As I have mentioned in the past, they will never solve. Especially now that Quinnicus is missing and there are something like Japanese or Chinese robots giving fixed solutions.

What I know is that if a person pays to buy a device, this device must meet SPECIFICATIONS and operate flawlessly. No "we fixed" or "we will fix next firmware" no "nougat will solve" no "we are sorry to hear this" no "go to service center for software issues". 1500 or 2000 or 3000 euros are TOO MUCH nowadays.

The real problem is that many companies have the same behaviour. Even Microsoft. Destroys and fixes, destroys and fixes ......

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hey guys ....I got rid of my Sony 43X8307C 3 months ago .

I got a full refund from John Lewis and jumped ship to LG and so so so so
glad I did .

I stoped putting up with this crap after Sony screwed up back in April .

SONY ARE JUST HOPELESS FOLKS !!!!

Iv had my LG for over a month now and guess what it works 100% !!!!!

Webos is absolutely awesome it realy is you don't get any of this crap that
you guys are having to put up with.

No issues with Netflix no issues with Amazon Prime juddering stuttering and
all the rubish. It streams stright away

Sony were surposed to fix Amazon juddering back in April and it still did
not work after that update .

Seriously and Sony promised Android Nugart 7 this Autumn for all 2015/16
models and guess what it's Android marshmallow all over again another
broken promise.

So I urge you all if you can get your money do it ...

Get an LG or Samsung your so so be better of .

Sony just don't know what their doing they clearly do not have enough
development and it's issues are issues are issues .

They create a new firmware and guess what their more issues more bugs !!!
profile.country.GB.title
Mp01sta
Explorer

Hey MArcd51 - how did you get JL to give you a refund...my 8307c is currently attempting to be repaired with power issues...am fed up wuth the tv as well...constant crashes and very unstable OS. I Have had it for over 12 months now so not sure what JL would offer me ?

thanks,

matt

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Matt , I had mine and it was just under its 1st year warranty. To cut along story short I had a he'll of a battle with Sony direct and that was not just their general customer service it was with a lady called Bridget their customer relations officer for the UK.

And BTW I had to kick off big time with Sony to get that far together with John Lewis fantastic customer service . It was a lot of hard work .Weeks worth . In the end sony tried replacing my 43X8307C with a XD83 and Bridget totaly cocked it up ... So after almost 3 months Sony gave John Lewis what they call an uplift RMA number for John Lewis Oxford Street to be able to credit me the full refund back . That's cutting it down .

Sony were just dredful I mean realy bad the worst case of customer service iv ever had ever !!!! I stuck with John Lewis all the way .John Lewis technical support was brilliant they had a tough time with Sony as well . I told John Lewis I wanted cut my losses with Sony 8 months old TV and nothing but problems after problems . Each update Sony did fix one problem and others arose. I could not record anything as my HDD would unmount after a few days .Amazon was dredful and at time unwatchable to name a few if the issues .

So after great reviews LG had I took the plunge. John Lewis also gave me as good will gesture £75 towards my new LG TV. Now I'm not say that LG and Samsung are perfect and yes they also have their fair share if faults and issues ...but no no non no way in the league that Sony Android TVs seem to suffer . Iv had my LG 49SJ800V for over a month now and nothing and I mean nothing goes wrong pretty rock solid preforomance. Recodings are perfect Netflix Amazon work perfectly. . This is all thanks to LG amazing Webos and proper Quad Core CPU !!!! It's very fast smooth and your can jump in and out of both Netflix and Amazon immediately. No errors messages it's just a very well developed and implemented OS. Full Dolby Vison surport for Netflix HLG support Dolby Atmos Surport LG pretty much surports all the very latest formats.

That's the difference with LG it's all in house they don't have to out source to a third party or use *****ty Mediatek CPU which are so hopelessly under powered . Sony should either ditch Android Platform and go and develop their own OS or just pay a decent wage and get Android OS developed correctly for their TV. ..