Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.RU.title
Andreiii
Explorer

MiCal1967 написано:

Hi

Anyone installed-tested the v3.885 firmware on 2015 and early 2016 models?

3.885 (and 3.865) have a big issue with new DS4 controllers. A system becames very sluggish.

profile.country.GB.title
dusty_bin
Explorer

I have a KD-43X8305C with PKG3.885.0137EUB.  external memory is SanDisk 128Gb USG 3.0 stick.

Having just returned from several months abroad, I found that the TV had stopped making recording around mid March when I think my son had allowed the S/W update to Marshmallow.  The error is 'Event could not be recorded. No registered HDD was connected.' The registered HDD is connected but the TV seems to forget it is registered - when the problem is present, I can see under storage that the USB memory stick just appears as external storage, whereas it is not shown as external storage when seen as a resistered HDD.

Anyway, I was hoping that the latest update would solve the problem, but I was wrong.  I am not sure if this issue has been reported elsewhere as I haven't had time to trawl through all the posts.

I  can get the TV to see the stick as registered HDD either by removing and reinserting it, or by power cycling the TV, but this doesn't solve the problem for series recordings.

I am also really upset to find that they have crippled Video & TV sideview, but that is another story.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

There are several USB related issues since Marshmallow. No clue whether Sony is just no capable enough the fix the issues or whether they don't care. Choose one. Both are as bad...

profile.country.FI.title
markom80
Explorer

I got answer from finnish sony customer support that epg-favourites list bug is not going to be fixed in marshmallow

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

What kind of bug?
Uti

Lähetetty Windows 10:n Sähköpostista
profile.country.FI.title
markom80
Explorer

If you use favourites channel list as epg source. EPG forgets that selection and changes epg source to all channels

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Don't expect anything to change in this regard. Sony doesn't care a lot about the integrated tuners. Favorites are poorly executed, also see this review.

Actions that quit favorites:

- changing the input source

- pressing the TV button

- pressing the NUM buttons

- leaving/entering live TV

- switching off/on the TV

I doubt that anybody over at Sony uses this stuff productively. Usability is totally awful. It is a disgrace that Sony sells such bad quality.

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

XD85 here. I updated the firmware 2 days ago. At first I didn't notice anything, but after two days, I have to admit, two very annoying bugs have actually dissapeared.

- Reboot doesn't happen anymore when I switch from TV box to Netflix

- the Play store and similar stopped working bug also doesn't happen anymore

So, for me, I am glad I updated :slight_smile:

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Marshmallow is coming!
Firmware v3.925 is scheduled for OTA in november!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Marshmallow has already been here since V3.843. What should be coming is Nougat, but isn't with V3.925...