Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.BG.title
bobybc
Explorer

Everything was OK before Android 6 with my USB stick Samsung 128GB

After update all apps can read , but can't write to the stick!

I can't use it as internal storage too...I formatted many times , extFAT, NTFS - te result is the same

any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobybc wrote:

Everything was OK before Android 6 with my USB stick Samsung 128GB

After update all apps can read , but can't write to the stick!

I can't use it as internal storage too...I formatted many times , extFAT, NTFS - te result is the same

any suggestions?

@bobybc - in regards to using the USB drive as internal storage, see these instructions:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134503/

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Are you guys still getting recommendations from Google Play Movies in HOME screen? I am not getting any anymore..

profile.country.NO.title
kayrune

My tv still changes channel when I press "guide" button. Then it has to load all the data. I cannot believe they havn't fixed this. Why isn't guide data stored in background when tv is idle ??

Tags (1)
profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Hi guys,

Did install today going back from hollidays...

Use USB install on my XD9305

No problem after boot and no need to factory reset fort now

I use passthrough to SPDIF to my 5.1 and it seems to work (I tried AC3 and DD digital movies)

Using Kodi 17

I think DTS movies are KO (wont play)

Now I have to try LAN speed tests with wifi to check if there is improvement in wifi speed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Somehow I managed to totally lock up my TV - or my TV decided to lock me out (yeah Ill go for that one!!)

Remote control refused to work, even after rudely flicking the switch on the wall.  Luckily I could still pair my tablet to the TV with Video and TV Sideview in order to operate the TV.  A factory reset later and all seems back to normal.

Maybe its the TVs way of saying "I need a dust" - screen is a little dusty and needs a clean.  Hmm.  Is it:

• Treat em right, do me right?  Or;
  • Treat em mean keep em keen.

You decide!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

Are you guys still getting recommendations from Google Play Movies in HOME screen? I am not getting any anymore..

@Kuschelmonschter

Ensure that you have a 'dot' next to it : [HOME] > Settings > Home Screen > Recommendations Row

Recommendations.JPG

Although its one of the first things I turn OFF - all of them !  :grin:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes of course. I enalbe 'Google Play Movies', 'YouTube' and 'SPMC' in there. 'Google Play Movies' does not give me any recommendations anymore though. Probably a local problem in Austria?

Here are some things that recently broke for me, not necessarily with the Marshmallow update, which just triggered me to do in-depth testing for my review update again...

• no recommendations from 'Google Play Movies' anymore
  • no guide update in standby anymore
  • TV reboots over night (probably the EPG scan crashing, rebooting the TV?)

The guide update in standby is bothering many more people. It is the "no information available" issue that some people are complaining about. I aslo came across TV reboots at night one or the other time in the communities.

I am hesitant to perform a factory reset. It means a huge amount of work and most of the time it does not fix anything. It can't be that things break so easily.

I will soon publish the update of my big review based on Marshmallow.

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

@Kuschelmonschter

Hi,

this "no information avilable" in Guide I had already earlyer, with Lolipop, too. But not so much when I turn on my TV.

Guess there are two bugs regarding this issue. One that you mentions that no EPG update in standby (it is ON in settings), and the second which I already had (Sony EPG don't plays nice with my Cable Provider Digi... according to Sony support)

I I already had some restarts if I start Guide.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Guess there are two bugs regarding this issue. One that you mentions that no EPG update in standby (it is ON in settings), and the second which I already had (Sony EPG don't plays nice with my Cable Provider Digi... according to Sony support)

The guide does update for channels that I tune manually. So no incompatibility. Those are just lazy excuses by Sony, not acknowledging their bugs, pointing fingers at others.