Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

OK so second feedback... I had two reboots yesterday... got Sony logo then android...

Was watching TV both times, system hang and rebooted.

So little stability issue it seems (XD9305)

oo.viper.oo

Have the same problem with Guide source selection of Favorites being reset all the time, which renders Favorites unusable, because the default Guide source shows all channels (not good with hundreds of cable channels in awkward cable company's order) and it is very tedious to change Guide source to Favorites via Action Menu all the time. This is on KD-55XD8005 with the latest Marshmallow firmware. Not sure what it did on previous firmware as I didn't use tuner back then.

Lenso26
Explorer

Hi, did they fixed the greay wash on Netflix HDR content?

profile.country.GB.title
TobyCG

Judging by all the issues being reported here I think I'll leave my XD93 alone for a while as I presume there's no way to downgrade back?

Assuming they ever fix the damn thing again, been without it for a week and a half now! 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Lenso26 wrote:

Hi, did they fixed the greay wash on Netflix HDR content?

HDR looks stunning on all inputs now.

I am however see a number of xxx has stopped working ( various TV apps, google play etc ) so even though I factory reset I have done this again due to possible gremlins.

chbjerg

Plex app and Kodi is no longer changing refresh rate. I was sure this used to work, but then I read @Kuschelmonschter s post, where I believe he says that the tv's never adopted the change refresh api. I could've sworn this worked before updating

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

That never worked no. Check out my review, section Media Playback - Everything 60Hz.

chbjerg

So basically I should be able to remove judder by turning up the motionflow? I'll give it a try

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You need to pump up both, Smoothness and Film mode.

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

After the factory reset on my 75XD9405 I still have random restarts, crashing and juddering on the amazon prime app.

Spoken to Sony customer service which have been no help at all. I give up. Lesson learned.

Not going into detail but I had another issue with another electronics manufacturer, I called today and my replacement is arrving friday on a 2 year old item and this is a manufacturer I would have previously classed below Sony.

Learn something Sony.