Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I am surprised it works.. I imagined it required superuser access (root). I tried removing only Samba TV. This is what I get:

BRAVIA_ATV2:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 tv.samba.ssm
Success
BRAVIA_ATV2:/ $ ps | grep samb
 3372 u0_a115    3:55 tv.samba.ssm 5686 root       0:13 {cidclient.sh} /bin/sh /3rd/samba/bin/cidclient.sh
 5713 root       3:29 /3rd/samba/bin/cidclient --httpport=8080
19353 shell      0:00 grep samb

The uninstall says "success" but then the process is still happily up and running (and consuming quite some CPU even if it's doing nothing in my TV I see). But after a reboot I get this:

BRAVIA_ATV2:/ $ ps | grep samba
 5960 root       0:00 {cidclient.sh} /bin/sh /3rd/samba/bin/cidclient.sh
 5977 root       0:02 /3rd/samba/bin/cidclient --httpport=8080
 7950 shell      0:00 grep samba

It seems to be gone indeed. Not that it will improve much (and I am not sure I want to disable anything else. Too danderous without knowing), but I ended up hating that service. So good riddance. I imagine (but I am not sure at all) that after a reset to factory settings it should appear again (I mean, it's a system app. We shouldn't be allowed to remove it "physically", something would be wrong at system security level).

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Frago21ps wrote:

With factory reset every app will be re installed, also i spend a few hours to make sure everything will work so don't worry 

Oh, ok. As I imagined. You posted this while I was doing my little test. :slight_smile:

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

I am getting an error message when trying second uninstall command:

D:\_sonyadb>adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 tv.samba.ssm
Success

D:\_sonyadb>adb uninstall tv.samba.ssm
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

Any suggestions? After reboot the samba tv menu and and the app is still available but it can not be started.

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.GB.title
Frago21ps
Explorer

Try to disable notifications for this app 

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

I will try later.

What is the difference between the commands:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0

and

adb uninstall

Sony 65XF9005 - Sony STR-DN1070 - Apple TV 4K [Früher: Sony KD-55XD8005 - Sony KD-55XE8505 - Sony KD-55XF9005 - Samsung 55NU8009]

profile.country.DE.title
mpiet1
Contributor

Still can not be deleted.

D:\_sonyadb>adb shell pm clear tv.samba.ssm
Success

D:\_sonyadb>adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 tv.samba.ssm
Failure [not installed for 0]

D:\_sonyadb>adb uninstall tv.samba.ssm
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

What is the reason for -k parameter? It would be better to delete also all cache files to the deleted apps. It makes no sense to keep then because the removed sony/android packages can not be re-installed, only over full factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

mpiet1 wrote:

Still can not be deleted.

Well, technically it should have been unistalled already. Although as I wrote in my previous post I am not sure how this works. I am not sure why you still have it running, though )or what you mean with "it's still available". Unless it has something to do with the shell script (cidclient.sh) still active. And I doubt that is easily removable, it's in a system area.

mpiet1 wrote:

What is the reason for -k parameter? It would be better to delete also all cache files to the deleted apps.  

Yeah, I thought about it myself after checking what "-k" does. It isn't ideal, but it isn't a big loss either, just few MB.

Anyway, I believe the solution for your situation would be the following:

• Reinstall Samba TV (but I don't know how. I can't find anything)
  • Disable Samba TV from the TV options
  • "pm uninstall" without the "-k" the app

Otherwise I am afraid you have to reset to factory settings first if you still have Samba sending notifications. If your complaint is only about the app still showing in the app list, forget about it. It's harmless.

profile.country.GB.title
adrianmc7
Explorer

I done the recently prompted firmware update but I've had issues with casting from my android device.

Netflix and Youtube work perfectly fine but PLEX and Chrome casting isn't.

Do these apps now have to be installed on the tv to obtain connection?

profile.country.ES.title
kaplox

Hi all,

Any updates on Nougat schedule for ATV1?

Regards

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Nothing.