Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi Guys!

Have you noticed, that by the ATV1 there is no more info about Android 7 schedule? Autumn is over, and they simply removed any timetable.

There is no any mention of Android 7 on the support page of the KDL-50W809C ATV1 TV.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

djmickey83 schrieb:

Have you noticed, that by the ATV1 there is no more info about Android 7 schedule?

Yes, I indeed noticed as well that the links on the product support pages have been removed. The page itself is still available though if you know the link (here). It for sure leaves a fale aftertaste. But that's how we know Sony nowadays. Announcing something an then playing dead man.

Autumn is over, and they simply removed any timetable.

Meteorological autumn is from beginning of september to end of november (which is now)

Astronomical autumn is from end of september to end of december.

Being as vague as Sony is leaves you some headroom. Again very Sony like.

profile.country.ES.title
kaplox

Mmm, in my model 43W808C support page likns and news are still available https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kdl-43w808c

Hope we hear some good news soon

Thanks

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

German support pages don't have the information anymore, see here.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Nah, it's still there, but it's a leftover in the "see also" links in the page of the current firmware. It has been removed from the main support pages, though. Same in the Italian site. What a shame.

Aren't they legally obliged to give an official date before December 21, anyway? Or am I watching too much "Suits"? :yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
ronind
Explorer

I really feel like I got stiffed on this TV. Sony gave it a premium price and model number, then I found out that unlike the cheaper, lower model number, sets this TV has the 2015 atv1 internals. All those cheaper tv's are gettng the android update, Amazon echo support and Dolby vision update. Maybe this is a problem these days, companies bring out products so quickly that models that aren't so old are obsolete so quickly. Still I can't help but feel let down by Sony using sly marketing tactics.

profile.country.GB.title
mrklaw
Explorer

What TV do you have? I have a 55XD9305 which was a high end set not long ago, but doesn’t seem to have HLG support coming, and still no sign of android 7?

profile.country.NL.title
Jelmerb
Explorer

Dutch support also removed the mentioned page. If they come back on their decision, I'm rather disappointed in Sony.   

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

They just could not meet their deadline again. So they are now playing the hiding game again. We are used to it. Exactly the same happened to Marshmallow.

Same for Dolby Vision. Sony announced at CES2017 that they hope to have something working by mid 2017. Now they announced that it will be released in February 2018. So at least they could promote the very same feature at 2 consecutive CES events.

Well... that's Sony and how they act nowadays.

New date for Nougat . There is still a hope :smiling:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00178825