Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Caermead

...And already some problems from the USA :-

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/6ak98t/x800d_70_update_warning/

When the new FW becomes available in the Uk. The question for everybody to ask themselves is ..do I need to update ? & what will I gain ?

If you do can i suggest that :-

1) Disconnect everything

2) Factory reset before you start

3) Update via USB

4) Factory reset again

5) Keep your fingers crossed & pray

Regards :wink:

danjames92222
Explorer

Does anyone know if a W755C is supposed to be able to pass DTS core audio via HDMI-ARC to a AVR?

I had it working at one point during a Plex beta but now it does not and transcodes. TV is now on Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Is this supposed to come with Nougat?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@djmickey83 wrote:

Hi,

it looks like the X800D is getting the Nougat update in USA:

Nougat update on Sony Android TVs

So, does HDR finally work with YouTube, now?

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

Posting here just to get future updates on the thread but to be honest based on the Android Nougat version running on my phone i'm not holding out much hope that it'll improve much over Android 6. 

profile.country.GB.title
brutus1966
Explorer

thanks for the info

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Kevin8098 schrieb:

Posting here just to get future updates on the thread but to be honest based on the Android Nougat version running on my phone i'm not holding out much hope that it'll improve much over Android 6. 

Just for everybody's information... you can also subscribe to a topic without posting...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Google already demoed Android O on the SHIELD. Assistant and the new content discovery HOME screen are very promising.

profile.country.GB.title
krs12345
Explorer

Hi All, 

Whats worrying me is that they have listed all the US Models that are getting the Nougat update. Then main part for me is HLG. This is a big deal for me. I know theres no commercially available broadcasting just yet but its coming. Anyway notice how there are 2 models left out. The XD93 or XD94 the premium sets. Ive heard the premium sets for 2016 got stuck with the 2015 medtek chips where as the other sets released after got a new chip.I myself have the 65xd9305. I will be fuming with sony if we dont get the update. Anyway heres the list of US MODELS receiving the update.

• KDS8000D
  • KDX8000D
  • KDX8300D
  • KDX7500D
  • KDX7000D
  • KDZ9D

Im guessing the same will apply ti the EU sets just hopefully any bugs would have been ironed out. For my tv i have asked Sony whats going on. No doubt ill get some useless reply like ussual haha. 

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@krs12345 wrote:

Hi All, 

Whats worrying me is that they have listed all the US Models that are getting the Nougat update. Then main part for me is HLG. This is a big deal for me. I know theres no commercially available broadcasting just yet but its coming. Anyway notice how there are 2 models left out. The XD93 or XD94 the premium sets. Ive heard the premium sets for 2016 got stuck with the 2015 medtek chips where as the other sets released after got a new chip.I myself have the 65xd9305. I will be fuming with sony if we dont get the update. Anyway heres the list of US MODELS receiving the update.

• KDS8000D
  • KDX8000D
  • KDX8300D
  • KDX7500D
  • KDX7000D
  • KDZ9D

Im guessing the same will apply ti the EU sets just hopefully any bugs would have been ironed out. For my tv i have asked Sony whats going on. No doubt ill get some useless reply like ussual haha. 

I hope they update more. If they don't my X94 is useless. 

boseguer
Explorer

Hello from Florida -- yesterday, my Sony Android TV asked if wanted to upgrade to Androin 7.0 ... I said yes!

The upgrade did little to fix issues (as discussed here before) but rather game a number of NEW ISSUES as follows:

1- USB drive does NOT WORK, the Android TV does not recognize the programs on the USB, many times it would freeze or go very slow and would NOT OPEN the programs on the USB.  I had to remove the USB!

2- Many programs CRASH, these are programs from the Google Market! example: HAL Launcher -- hate this. 

3- The TV is NOW VERY VERY SLOW, the settings are SLOW or crash. 

4- Did not Get Picture on Picture as promised on this update. 

Of course cannot go back.  Anyone else having these issues AND FIXES?

Thanks, Berto