Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Jon1186  schrieb:

Hi @Kuschelmonschter , noticed this and wondered whether it's a potential solution for all over us stuck with older Android TV's that can't be updated due to the older mediatek chipset? 

Curious to know your thoughts, since you speak so knowledgeably on this forum.

TLDR: It's a new Chromecast Ultra that will run Android itself.

Yes. SHIELD TV would be another solution. Or perhaps an Apple TV....

profile.country.SE.title
raXXuz
Explorer

I to be honest gave up on Sony.

First they stoped supporting my tv software then my sony soundbar gave up with a know issue without solving it, they solved it with replacing with the same faulty hardware.

When this happened i decided to switch soundbar.

I bought Sonos Beam, gues what, my Xf9005 latest android version crashes after tv beeing turned off after 2h or do. Sony wont admit to  this issue and blame Sonos.

I have now sold both Sony tv and Soundbar abd this to a loss for Samsung and Sonos. It will take a long time before I will try Sony again. Though I am a android fanboy.

profile.country.GR.title
Lefteris21ps

New Update for atv 3 tvs!!!Great work sony!!!

profile.country.NO.title
janpfo
Explorer

Can't see any new updates?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

6.6555... old hat already... nothing really new at all... Thanks for nothing!

profile.country.GR.title
Lefteris21ps

So,about root,i have managed to extract system.img boot.img from sony af9 tv running android 9

i have to find an  af9 board working for trying to flash the emmc and see how it will goes

profile.country.GB.title
rudeen
Explorer

Hello Sir

Please what do you mean by ATV1.I am new to this platform and unfortunately am using the XD93.I a bad news to me to find out that it wount get the Oreo update.

profile.country.GB.title
rudeen
Explorer

Hello hecan,

Please you you find any way to update the XD93 to 8.0 Oreo.Please kindly share with me.

profile.country.GB.title
rudeen
Explorer

Hello Senior,

Does it men the XD93 will not and ever get the Oreo update or sometimes Sony changes their mind to include models in the update

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hi your tv is getting oreo update this week or next, firmware has already been released in asia pacific and north america region, we are waiting for uk release for atv1 tvs,, firmware 

v6.827