Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

I have had the same problem for months with my Sony A1 and it’s only when the Sonos Beam is connected to ARC (works fine using fibre optic adapter) I have even had Sony repair engineer out who said there is nothing wrong with TV because it works fine when the Sonos Beam is not connected. Tried hard restarts and clearing cache which temporarily fixes problem. Spent  hours with Sonos (who have been brilliant) who say there is nothing wrong with the Sonos Beam. It used to work fine until the update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

The only thing I haven’t tried after only reading this thread today is turning idle tv standby off which I am going to try. As in the OP mine only resets after it’s been off a while then if I turn it off and on again within a sort tone if works fine without resetting. Sony must know this is an issue that needs fixing.  

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

Hi,

If it helps your decision wether to escalate this fault to Sony or not my case has been resolved now with a TV exchange. 

Sony have replaced my 49XF9005 with 49XH9505. The new model works as expected, which for me was to just be able to power on from standby without the full reboot cycle.

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Fingers crossed it seems fixed now with latest firmware update. So will just see how get on for next few days 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

I had hopes that it was fixed too it stopped doing it for a week and then all of a sudden it does it even more than before! But let us know if it fixes it for you

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Noooooo. Don’t say that. This has been such a pain since last year and I have spent hours/days with Sonos and Sony and Forums. Wish I’d never bought it... ‘premium flagship product’ 🙄

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Yep me too, I am now trying to see if I can get a replacement from the shop that I bought it from.  Fair to say that I will think twice about whether to get a Sony TV again. 

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

I was feeling optimistic that software update v6.6555 would resolve the issues, specifically as it said "Improves the TV’s responsiveness when switching on from standby"

Unfortunately it made no difference to my TV at all. Again Sony advised that I factory reset which I did, but fault remained.

Would encourage you to keep pushing this with Sony support. They offered a replacement TV in my case, although it was a long road to get there. This action has at least restored some faith in me with Sony customer service. 

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

Thanks for the advise.  Just out of interest, did you buy directly from a Sony store or a third party retailer?  Also when you got in contact with Sony what exactly did you say?  

profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

I bought the TV from Curry's in December 18. Raised support call with Sony in August 19 stating that the TV reboots from standby randomly, normally if the TV has been in standby for over 1 hour. Lots of emails in-between (over 50) video's clips of my user experience shared with Sony, repairs (main board) until they finally offered to replace.

Hope this helps.