Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV Home Streaming Services Not Playing Correctly

profile.country.GB.title
Grippo83
Explorer

Android TV Home Streaming Services Not Playing Correctly

Hi all

OK - so i have a problem that is infuriating me. I love the TV, only had it a couple of weeks, had no problems - until yesterday evening. I touched on it in this post here 

All of my streaming apps, as well as YouTube are not playing correctly. 

Disney+ - picture stutters, no sound

NowTV - picture stutters, no sound

Netflex - loads very slowly, get stuck before reaching 100%

Prime - picture stutters, no sound

Youtube - fails to start playing

BBC iPlayer - picture stutters, no sound

The TV software is up to date. 

The only thing i out of the norm i did (i dont know if this has caused it) is that i had previously turned off the TV at the wall, as well as my router for 5 mins so solve a problem i had with my Sony remote losing the function to control my BT TV box in this thread here 

Tried again this morning but the issue still exists. Anyone else had this problem before?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.FI.title
Robert226

Hi

It seems that your wifi/eth connection is bad. Maybe this plugging off the router made some changes there. If you can measure your internet speed. I have app in tv or you can use speedtest on your comp or phone so test if that is ok.

R.

profile.country.GB.title
Grippo83
Explorer

Hi

The connection is fine. I have a few of those apps on the BT TV box and watching them through there are ok, but they are much better apps on the Android TV (when they work)

I installed a speed checker just now, getting 71 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload

profile.country.GB.title
Grippo83
Explorer

i may have resolved this. 

looking on Disney now and it seems ok. 

I held the power botton on the remote and it have an option to restart, which seemed to restart the android tv. how is this different to turning off the tv (quick press). 

profile.country.FI.title
Robert226

Hi

Good that simple restart solved the problem. This turn off TV button is like phone or tablets sleep mode, your tv still works in background and consumes little electricity. Restarting is like computer restart, all systems are shut down.