Join now - be part of our community!

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

SOLVED
satiros123
Explorer

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

Hello, all of a sudden my BRAVIA stopped connecting with my Android youtube app and the cast icon does not appear anymore(the one you send to TV the videos)... I tried with the same smartphone with an LG smart tv and it worked perfectly.. I have already did a factory reset to my TV, reset router, even changed the static ip of the TV, but no luck. Any ideas what to do?? Thanx

20 REPLIES 20
AK47_P226
Explorer

for me it's not working. The youtube app on tv has no option, can't tell its version or something else. I checked for firmware update - no newer version awailable. So if it's related to the app, what should i do? I had a diffrent topic for the same problem, but i'm a sking here since it seems that has been solved. How? Thanks.

satiros123
Explorer

Try to update the youtube app on your smart phone and it should work..if not,try a hard reset on your tv(bummer i know)..in my case it just worked all of a sudden!
AK47_P226
Explorer

thanks for you answer. I just did another tv reset, conect wfi, conect the smartphone. Just not working. I don't belive in miracles, i don't wait to work if it's related to jesus or something. I just throwed my sony smartphone. I will never buy a sony product again. It's my last post since I don't have a smartphone anymore. I don't need that function anymore. I donyt need nothing from sony anymore. Since i cant see that logo to watch it every day. Thos garbage smart TV has to go. Thank you sony. 

astmario
Explorer

1'st device is iPhone 4s with latest iOS and YouTube version, 2'nd device is Nexus 7 with Lolipop 5.1 and latest YouTube version, and TV is updated to latest firmware 2 days ago, so nothing outdated on my side.

Same iPhone and tablet have cast icon in combination with Samsung 32F5500 over at my friends house, so I'm sure it is TV/YouTube on TV/network related.

And as I sad, manual paring is working, but it is annoying to use remote to turn on tv, start YouTube and then only play stuff when everything worked so much faster before.

astmario
Explorer

Since today icon is back on both iPhone and Nexus 7. What solved it I don't know, but for now everything work as I was!

ronroze
New

Same problem here, still not working on my 805B. Nexus 5 with Android v5.1 and Galaxy Nexus with Android v4.3. Latest Youtube apps.

Really annoying... it was working so well :cry:

Can someone from sony reply and let us know whats the status of this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

For me it stopped working on Oct 13 when Sony updated the firmware on my TV. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

Me to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Unfortuately this particular thread relates to 2014 TVs, however for 2015 Android tvs: 

In regards to 'cast' not working - this has been reported by various experts on these forums and Sony has confirmed this issue.  Engineers in Japan and Europe are now working to find a solution.

Will keep you all updated once more information is known. Please refer to this thread :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-google-cast-issue/m-p/2039337 

Cheers

Jesmondo9
New

SO IS THIS ISSUE SORTED OR NOT???? I just paid top dollar to buy (what I thought) was the best TV on the market (KD-43X8309C) and now:

1. My phone doesn't pair with my 48" TV. YouTube cast

2. How do you access the internet on this thing, it only goes to the Sony website, plus each time I try I have to tell it which region/country I’m in?!?!?!?

3. How do I change the Home screen to one that I actually like, rather being railroaded by what Sony tells me I like?

4. How do I get rid of these stupid rubbish junk pre-loaded apps I don’t want? (there is some real crap on there).

5. How do I get new apps that I actually do want?

Completely rubbish(garbage) and unintuitive design - an appalling product. My mate just bought an LG TV for half the price - it's brilliant! Won't be buying Sony crap no more unless these problems here get answered - mind you, does anyone from Sony actually even look at these issues?!?