Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer 4k support in time for the World cup?

profile.country.GB.title
ajwool

BBC iPlayer 4k support in time for the World cup?

So, will we finally get Bbc iPlayer support in time for the World Cup? Announcement coming imminently:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/bbc-4k-hdr-world-cup-confirmation-week-away

529 REPLIES 529
profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

Awwww no XD8599 support. Some 2015 tvs are supported though so I don't see why mine isn't. There are loads of mega cheepo budget uk supermarket and aldi/asda models supported though :'( FML for paying £1500 for a midrange tv at launch.

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

XE9005 not included!?? How on earth can a £1k TV miss out whilst Bush and Finlux customers are awash with 4k!?

I want an answer from Sony now please!

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@mobilyuk wrote:

XE9005 not included!?? How on earth can a £1k TV miss out whilst Bush and Finlux customers are awash with 4k!?

Yeh its really pretty depressing. No word from Sony or the BBC. It will all be ignored again just as it was with the Blue Planet fiasco.

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

Has anyone had any contact from Sony? I just don't understand how these TVs still cannot support 4k. 

I'm going to contact them

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Good luck, it will be interesting if you get a response.

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

It's not like sky Q or even apple tv 4k or roku 4k are carrying it so we do rely on sony here.

profile.country.GB.title
bemaniac84

I wake up to my Marantz 2016 amp upgrading to hlg format. Why can't Sony and the BBC get this together they have 2 weeks until I sell this TV! 

profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

@mobilyuk wrote:

you think you have a right to moan i paid £3500 for mine in 2016 a xd9305 and i did get word back from sony and the bbc, and its the same old rubbish, they both point their fingers at each other and blame each other for the issue. gotta love that customer service.

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

I've emailed Sony however I can predict the answer before it arrives.

I'll have to rely on the Virgin V6 box working as it's TBC on the website
profile.country.GB.title
BigUglyGac

well just had this back on a tweet (taken 2 hours of tweeting away at them mind) 

Hi, we apologise for the inconvenience. We're currently investigating this issue with the relevant teams and we will get back to you soon. ^Hesham

i aint holding my breath for it to suddenly start working or to get a time frame on when it will happen, as i said above i bet sony just blame the bbc for the issue.