Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

BBC iPlayer

Always been able to access and play programmes from bbciplayer  on my Sony tv but for the past 2 weeks I have been unable to play any programmes from this app.  The app is there, programmes are shown but every time I click play, the programme continually starts and stops and then buffers. So annoying. Checked all connections, even did a factory reset but still nio joy! Can anyone out there advice?

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

ok so it's not that. There is way to stop the app from working(or close down) and restart but i'm not sure i could get you that far. You would need to find the bbc player app within setting and you can force stop the app

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

don't think this is a sony issue as lots of people have this problem on many different devices

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Failing changing settings the only thing i would try now is to plug an ethernet cable into tv from modem. Different apps require different speeds due to the content. check you speed on speedtest.net must be above 3mbps

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Not sure I can plug a cable in from modem into tv, modem is upstairs and tv is downstairs. The iplayer works on all other devices via my wifi.

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

OK. If you can do try this. Press home button,  then settings,  then apps, scroll down find bbc app in list highlight press ok and select force stop. It will say app may misbehave if you continue press ok. then go back home or where your app is located and open 

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Sorry i couldn't help. Good luck regards pete. 

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

OK.Thanks for al yru advice. I will give it a try !

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Just one more thing to look at to see if it could possibly be your WiFi or bbc app requiring faster speeds .Go onto bbc player go to settings, then settings and help , then video quality and change this to standard definition 

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Another thing I have noticed is when I open bbc player app ,sign in and play a programme the quality of the image is no where near as good as when I activate the app using green button and not signing in. So try this go onto bbc channel press green which will just restart that programme then select another programme to watch from there. Hope this makes sense. Let me know your results 

profile.country.GB.title
claredrews

Well, I have tried all of your tries. Still will not play any programmes. Still stopped, starting and cobtabt buffering. I am on the verge of smashing the telly.