Join now - be part of our community!

BBC message Good news you do not need to do anything message

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Steve5624
Explorer

BBC message Good news you do not need to do anything message

I cannot get rid of this message every time I change the channel how do I get this message deleted ?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

This was already answered above if you want to read the whole post, a lot of us have this message because the BBC are in the process of pulling all sd channels and replacing them with HD ones.  Ch 799 is completely irrelevant, mine displays the same message as you, but it never skips to ch 799 and yours certainly shouldnt be either.

I think the work is due to be completed by March so im afraid its nothing to do with Sony or the tv, re-tuning wont alter anything, the message will remain until the work is complete, You could however connect an aerial not dish and retune it to Freeview, whether the message is also on there i dont know, i dont think it is, but for now we are stuck with it.  Freesat often swap channels about and change things around, happens a lot, so with the BBC in their infinite wisdom deciding to go all High Def we are stuck with this nonsense, im sure its in response to ITVX.

As for Sony updates, latest one sucks, nothing but trouble, ive only had my tv 6 weeks, in that time its boot-looped twice and totally lost all its channels on another occasion, kinda sucks, hope their next update resolves all these issues coz so far im not impressed after spending a grand on this thing.

profile.country.GB.title
weirdy
Explorer

Thank you for trying to help me.

The crappy bit about reading the posts was unnecessary though....

My issue was the constant change of channel to 799 and having to start again which you say I've missed and if so, I'm sorry.

As I know, helping others in different forums is needed and I enjoy it so.......

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

The reason i state about reading all the posts is simple, there mayve been a nugget of info mixed in there that might help, however your post did state that this was one linked issue, and as answered, the channel automatically switching to 799 is nothing to do with the BBC pulling channels and making changes, but the rest of it is simple, switch to freeview until all the issues are resolved, have you contacted SONY??, perhaps your tv has a fault, mines tuned to freesat and never changes to 799 on its own, but then ive altered my channel layout anyway, perhaps that would be worth a try.  Downloading Sonys channel editor for the pc, i exported my channel list to usb, then altered the layout to my preference putting all had channels first and moving all the BBC sd rubbish to the back of the list, Saved it, put it bk on USB and reimported it overwriting the current laid out channel list.

Worth pointing out that USB also works as a emergency recovery tool, if, which has happened once, i wake up and all my channels were somehow gone, meaning id have to retune the whole thing again, No Need, just slap the usb back in the port, reimport the channels again and boom, the channels are back and all in the layout i like.

Im thinking it may possibly remove the switch to 799 doing this, whatever was on 799 i deleted, my list only has 180 channels, the rest were deleted.

profile.country.GB.title
weirdy
Explorer

Update from me as I tried deleting ch799 in the Freesat channel settings and it said it worked.

Selected random channels since and still getting sent to that page.

I haven't contacted Sony as I thought I'd check the brains of likeminded people first, unless the customer support is that good.......

Haven't used them before ?

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi weirdy, I've been reading about this issue all over the different forums, it doesn't seem to affect "only Sony TVs". If you want, you can contact Sony support here: https://bit.ly/3XnEWEL 

profile.country.GB.title
weirdy
Explorer

Thank you so much.

It's just so annoying during everyday use.

Tags (1)
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @weirdy, maybe the Sony reps can investigate the matter for you, but it seems to be affecting all TV brands though 

profile.country.GB.title
weirdy
Explorer

Hello,

I tried to raise request code via the help system but one of my many security systems I run, didn't play nice , :slight_smile: so I couldn't get a code back BUT after reading comments here I'll give up as beer is more fun :wink: