Join now - be part of our community!

Bleeping driving us mad!!

profile.country.GB.title
Roughandready
Explorer

Bleeping driving us mad!!

Took delivery of our a84j Bravia TV yesterday and was amazed to see iPlayer and other ‘catch up’ apps weren’t available.

Now we don’t seem to be able to turn off the key tones when using the remote or changing channels - multiple Google searches all say how easy it is, but the options in the Sound menu aren’t there - anyone else managed to turn the sounds off of a 2021 model?

The sound and visual quality is great but am already missing our previous tv.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Have you got your aerial plugged in? You need to check YouView/Live & Catch-up TV/Google TV, watch that and the Apps you want can be found there. Your TV is amazing, you need to retrain your brain!

As for the sounds, just scroll through all the settings, Yes all of them and familiarise yourself with them. The setting to switch off the sound is there you'll just have to find it if normal instructions won't help you.

profile.country.GB.title
Roughandready
Explorer

Thanks for your response. The aerial is plugged in. YouView is not available on the TV or the other apps you mentioned except Google TV. All the Googling we’ve done suggests that there are more sound options than we can see. I found these on our old KD Sony TV, but they don’t seem to be available on the new one. I’ll keep looking though. 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

On mine I go into settings, Device Preferences, Sound, System Sounds.

My TV is an AG9 I don't have Google TV or well I do but it's not like your version. I know that getting to iplayer is difficult on mine and you have to use the Live & Catch Up TV input which used to be called YouView. It's actually an Input so you get to it via the Input button on the remote. The input button is the rectangle with the arrow pointing into its center.

Keep looking because it's in there somewhere!! Lol...you may want to do a full factory reset and start again as you may have missed where you turn it on or tune it in...

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Eskimosony 

As has been laid out on the Community in considerable detail, 2021 Sony TVs come without the main catchup apps, and without YouView/Live & Catchup TV either.

Your 2019 AG9 is not a good bellwether for these issues with the 2021 models 😢

@Roughandready

Sony have indicated that the apps should be available by the end of 2021, but I will believe it when I see it.

A good place to look for what might turn the beeps and boops off is under Accessibility, where they may be described as Audio(visual) cues.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Roughandready
Explorer

Many thanks for your comments everyone. 👍🏻