Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Sony TVs - SCRATCHES to screen and / or bezels - Bad quality control

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Brand new Sony TVs - SCRATCHES to screen and / or bezels - Bad quality control

Hi All

I'd like to highlight the fact that TVs (in my case, XH90 / X900H) are leaving the factory damaged, with evidence of said damage being deceiptfully hidden then boxed up. 

Sony do not protect the plastic screen itself before placing in a large plastic bag, so I suspect damage is being caused by those packaging the TVs.

1st TV - Covered up by the protective plastic (yes, hidden under the tape and boxed up) - horizontal 1.5 inch deep scratch to the metallic paint bottom front bezel, location - middle left (photo attached). Also dead pixel. I decided to return for a replacement

2nd TV a few months later - horizonal scratches to the panel itself, in multiple places, but most prominent and deep near the top, centre. Frustratingly / positive note, no dead pixels and much better uniformity.

I'm debating whether to risk a 3rd!  In case you're wondering, no, I did not cause this damage myself.

Check your TVs everyone. 

Cheers J

IMG20201217105219.jpgIMG20200919103624.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, what I meant to say it might be damaged during transit, it might happened in the factory, many possibilities actually. However, I was only trying to help by suggesting the next step.