Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia core freezing x94j

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Bravia core freezing x94j

Hi I have the Sony xr65x94j but I am having problems streaming programs. The film starts but then freezes on pure stream. But on other streaming sites (Netflix, Disney and prime run fine). We have 200mbps Internet. The TV is on WiFi would it work better wired. Also sound keeps dropping but if I switch it to TV sound and then back to sound bar sound comes back.. Any idea why these keep happening.? 

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.IE.title
JayByrne

I haven't noticed blooming, may take a closer look see later. Just glad it's stopped freezing as it was unusable. 

Take care. 

J

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

There almost there. Little more tweeks.. 

DSC_0099.JPG

 dont mind a little blooming, as its expected, but on a 65 inch from the dot all the way to the end of the screen is a little much, half that and would be better if possible. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It depends highly on the actual number of dimming zones the TV spots. 

From rtings.com "The Sony X90J has a great full-array local dimming feature, better than the Hisense U7G but not quite as good as the Sony X95J. There are 24 local dimming zones, and the zones are pretty large. Zone transitions are very visible with our test pattern, but not as much in actual content. It seems to light up a zone a little too early in anticipation of the incoming object, and it's a bit slow to turn off when the object leaves the zone. There isn't much black crush, and lighter areas still retain a good amount of details. Blooming is very noticeable with our test pattern, but less so in real scenes. That said, there are some scenes where it's very obvious, as it causes a haloing effect around moving people and makes some scenes look foggy or hazy. These issues are much more visible when viewing at an angle."

So probably in the picture you have 2 zones illuminated in the transition between one and the other

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

IDK, this pic is out of focus with a weird dot! I don't think I can explain or help here!

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

OK.. Your joking..

1. Its a EG sample showing the blooming affect.

2. Sorry out of focus a little. But you can see what's happening.

3. This DOT is me using a blooming test on YouTube. Showing spread. 

I am only showing what is happening and how it spreads from the dot to the edge of the screen.  I will do another pic when I get home after work. If this makes you happy. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

hey D-Law81, so this is the second time I try to help you on a forum and I feel like you just don't want my help?! Is it better if I just said Oh! No! That's a HUGE issue you should get a refund? Anyway, I'll back off from this one as well :slight_smile: If that makes you happy. Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

I'm not having a go at you. It's just clear what I was trying to show as a example.. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. 

Tenjin
Explorer

I came to this forum today because for the first time I experienced the freezing problem on Bravia Core. I own an A90J and the following is my configuration:

A90J 65”, Wi-Fi 6 mesh, 1Gbps Internet speed

I did the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Speed test on my phone to the node the TV is connected to (Wi-Fi, 400Mbps results)

2. Review the Bravia Core streaming data (capped at 4Mbps and available bandwidth read at less than 10Mbps)

3. Tested movie with and without Pure Stream (same results)

4. Updated App 

5. Restarted TV (via Settings/About)

6. Tested movie on Netflix (4K @ 15Mbps)

After not being able to successfully play a Bravia Core movie without freezing, opted to watch Amazon Prime Video. After the movie, I played Bravia Core again and this time no freeze and the stream was hitting 80Mbps and reading available bandwidth of  135-150Mbps.

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Hi I had the issue when I got the TV XR65X94J And found that the built in ethernet was capped to 100mbps, but still had the issue when using WiFi. I got a USB 3.0 GIGABIT superspeed ethernet adapter and since the last update everything seems to be working OK. 

16409381190836513946687467327061.jpg

 Would this Help you? 🤔 I has seemed to of helped me as it allows a stable wired connection not limited by the built-in ethernet. Test done on Netflix speed test. 

16409383550765841103703633043603.jpg

 I am using Bravia Core with pure stream turned on. Hope this is useful.

Darryll Lawless 🇬🇧