Bravia won't stay connected to wifi

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
VladButin
New

Bravia won't stay connected to wifi

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a kd65xe8596. 

One issue that is beyond freustatinf at this point is that every day I have to reconnect it to the WiFi. Everyday I turn it on and it will say ''connected no internet'. After reconnecting it it then works fine all day until tomorrow comes and it's groundhog Day... 'connected no internet'.

No issues with wired. Just incredibly annoying having to go through this step every single day.

I have read online about turning the time and date setting off and on but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas why my TV is losing WiFi connectivity every night when it is turned off for hours?

Any help would be much appreciated.

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
Seb100C
New

Hello,

Do not bother with wired/wifi connection.

I did both (wired directly to my modem) and it has same issue.

After a while the TV just wont keep connected. (I'm sure a cache file is full or something).

Just reset the TV to the factory settings and you will be ok for some months.

I wish I could try to do a 'clear cache' like we can do on android smartphone. It could speed up the process.

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

after months of denying there was a fault on the tv sony have now owned up to the fact that there is a fault and are working on a software update to fix it they wont give a time frame

Hi All,

I have the same problem with my KD 43XF8796 model.

I got a new modem from my provider last week (WiFi speed problem) and every device connected without issue (laptops, phones etc.) except my Sony Bravia TV.  It keeps disconnecting from WiFi every few seconds.  I have tried (I think) every option as follows:

1. Reset Date/Time to reflect accuracy
  2. Tried both 2.4G and 5G connection
  3. Changed  to every channel possible on both frequencies
  4. Reset Modem (in every conceivable way)
  5. Reset TV to Factory Settings
  6. Lastly I upgraded Firmware to PKG6.6555 (latest)

I have nowhere else to go and the TV has become relatively useless without an internet connection.

I see a post here that says SONY recognises this as a bug and will send a fix.  When?  Will they contact me?  Do I have to keep checking and firmware upgrades?

Based on what I am reading here, this is a major issue as we have a reputable organisation here with outdated, and therefore useless, product being sold to consumers.  The only course of action left to me seems to be representation to the Consumer Protection Association in Ireland with whom I have a professional relationship and see if this level of product trust breach can be addressed at a compliance level.

Thanks everyone on this site, you made it a very interesting journey with loads of helpful tips, just annoyed none worked for me.

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

dont hold your breath for sony to get in touch with you they treat there customers with contemt they keep saying they are investigating the problem i have been waiting nearly a year for them to finish there investigation i dont think they are investigating  all i get is the same answer i have even sent e-mails to there head office but no one has bothered to reply

Thanks for the update.

I think the only option open to me is to treat this like a 'car recall' where the product provider will not co-operate.  I will start with the distributor and work upwards from there.  You cannot sell broken merchandise and expect to get away free with it - that's just theft.  The Consumer Association in Ireland has some power when it comes to this form of reckless practices so hopefully I will get some joy there.

I will keep this post informed though I would image my progress will be Glacier SLOW.

profile.country.GB.title
Fireballxl7
Explorer

I purchased a Sony Bravia Android TV KD65XG8096 and was plagued by internet disconnected and reconnected notifications from day one that was driving me to distraction. 

But now I've discovered a solution that worked for me, after contacting Sony support on numerous occasions and getting fobbed off with the usual stuff i.e. factory reset, download and install the latest software opening a case files. But it seems they have absolutely no idea how to resolve the issue as nothing they told me worked.

After many hours of searching the internet I came across this link.

https://www.smartaerials.co.uk/blog/sony-smart-tv-keeps-loosing-internet-connection

I followed the instructions as stated and it actually worked the numerous annoying notifications were gone.

I am not a tech expert by any means but the instructions were fairly straight forward for me, I am using the Sky Q router and you can log into it by using the username:- admin and the password:- sky all lower case and basically untick IPv6 box in the Lan settings and press apply to reboot the router. Then I carried out a soft reset on the television once the router had rebooted, this was done by pressing and holding the power button on the remote for 10 seconds. Once the TV had reset the issue was solved.

If all else fails give this a go, it 100% has solved the problem for me.

Good luck  

profile.country.GB.title
Fireballxl7
Explorer

Try this link it worked 100% for me

https://www.smartaerials.co.uk/blog/sony-smart-tv-keeps-loosing-internet-connection

I'm using a Sky Q router Username:- admin Password:- sky all lower case

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
SarahHS
Explorer

Sorry, but how is this a solution??

I don't have a laptop and don't see why I should have to download and run software to solve this problem. I don't have to reconnect my phone/ tablet every day due to 'interference' from living in an apartment building, so why is the Sony TV different? My building is only comprised of 5 apartments anyway.

The other solution being a wired connection? Again, not possible. I bought this Sony TV as it proudly boasted of being "wireless". Well, to put it simply, it's not. And to blame it on this nonsense of changing signals etc. is an absolute swizz. 

So a waste of £250 and now I'll have to dismantle it and go to the trouble of sending it back. 

profile.country.GB.title
Fireballxl7
Explorer

You can change the router settings using a mobile phone, you don't need a laptop. Once you change once it that's it you won't need to change it again.

Get BlueMail for Android