Join now - be part of our community!

BUG: Android 7.0 - HueyModule random crashes

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

BUG: Android 7.0 - HueyModule random crashes

Around once per day (taken or given) I get a pop up window telling that the HueyModule crashed. I had the exact same issue in Android 6.0.1, but it seemed to be fixed in the last 6.0.1 version (it never crashed once).

It happens completely randomly. Sometime playing the PS4, others watching a movie in Amazon or TIM Vision. If it matters I have enabled the DLNA server in Plex and I do have the Plex client  installed. Sometime I watch HDR videos stored in Plex with the Sony's Video app via DLNA.

Just to be precise this is the guy I am talking about:

Bravia_2017-06 19_14.12.02.png

I mean, to be honest i do get all kind of Force Close in Android 7.0 (and yes, I did a restore to factory settings after upgrading. I had to!), but many ask to wait (like settings). This one just crashes and with a much higher frequency.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.EE.title
Nicofieu
New

Hi,

Besides this script that I feel totally unable to do, is there another solution to this crazy issue ???

I bought 2 new Sony TV this month and I have the issue on both ! Every single day, always, all the time !!! Unbelievable !

Please help...

Thx

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Nicofieu I have personally disabled the script long time ago. It kept crashing and then eventually it stopped. But it is also true that I don't watch videos via DLNA anymore (I moved to Kodi), which is what I believe causes the issue.

If you are not using DLNA at all, I am afraid I don't know what it is.

profile.country.EE.title
Nicofieu
New

Hi Jecht_Sin

Not sure if I'm using DLNA...I'm only using Plex and VLC to access my files on my mac.

Should I desactivate DLNA somewhere in the settings ? Can you indicate me where ?

thx

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Nicofieu It depends on how you access the files. I think the problem persisted when I was watching videos from Sony's Video app from the Plex Server using DLNA (it isn't enabled by default) in Plex. But it is also true that later I did watch quite some videos via DLNA for some testing and it never crashed again. I believe it was even before the last Android update

Still I am quite sure it is related to DLNA. But it's a weird bug, it seems to hit only few people (and then, as I wrote, in my case it disappeared). I am on Android 7.0, anyway. I don;t know if that matters either.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Aaaaannndd.... It's doing it again!!! Even with the Apple TV 4K connected, so not using that ***CENSORED*** Android, DLNA or anything. I can't stand this TV, the OS is a piece of garbage.