Join now - be part of our community!

Built In WiFi problem

SOLVED

Built In WiFi problem

I have a Sony Bravia 55xe8396b TV bought just over a year ago and suddenly seem to be having a major issue with the WiFi on it. 

Since getting the TV  we've had multiple occasions where the WiFi has dropped and we've been unable to reconnect at the time, however usually a few days later the issue has sorted itself and we've been able to continue as usual. About 4 months ago, I reset the internet connection with the TV to the WPS setting and since then we've had no problems at all. 

Until Thursday, I went to watch Netflix and got a message to say the TV wasn't connected to the internet. When I went back to the home screen and to the settings, I noticed the WiFi button was in the off position. I tried to turn it back on but it keeps flicking straight back to the off position. 

I'm now in the process of factory resetting the TV to see if that helps, but for a TV a little over a year old, we didn't anticipate having these problems. A quick google search shows that a lot of people have issues with the internet connection on Sony TVs, so I think this might be our last one if we can't rectify the issue. 

Has anyone else had this same issue or something similar? I'm not sure what else to try! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It is still an Operating System ... Before restoring try to restart Android TV by holding down the Power button on the remote control...

Manolo

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It is still an Operating System ... Before restoring try to restart Android TV by holding down the Power button on the remote control...

Manolo

Thanks Marino, I gave that a try and it worked! 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It was a pleasure.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I have tried the hard reset a few times now but every few days it loses my WIFI connection.  WIFI is definitely working and no drop outs! It's really annoying as have to type in the password nearly every day!  It has been happening for about a month or so now since the last update.

profile.country.GB.title
glynnl4umb

Same here. Have xf9005 and problem started a few days ago. INFURIATING! 

profile.country.GB.title
mhaselden

My xf9005 wifi turns off overnight. 

Wifi slider is off off in settings and won't restart unless you reboot the tv. Off and on does not resolve. 

Falcon53
Explorer

Ditto, this hasn't been resolved & is still happening. Putting TV into standby overnight, then turning on the next day. The WiFi not connected message returns, so a soft reset isn't really the answer.

I hope the Sony developers read these threads, because it's a complete faff manually fixing this daily. 

profile.country.GB.title
mhaselden

How many people on this thread have a BT home hub?

I set my IPv4 lease time to one day and then powered off the tv and then removed the device (tv) from the router.

Then powered off and on the router , and powered on the tv.

Did this in the evening when we are all likely to be watching the tv, so the lease gets renewed when the tv is on, rather than in standby overnight. No issue this morning, but what I say maybe a load of @@@@@ and I just got lucky 😜

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
glynnl4umb

BT Smart Hub. Problem only started a coupe of weeks ago and is infuriating.