Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot find all available freeview digital channels on KDL-50W809C tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Tsoomny
Explorer

Cannot find all available freeview digital channels on KDL-50W809C tv

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I live in Nortrhern Ireland, and over here we have 2 roof digital aerials. One points to Belfast for the UK channels and the other points to Dublin which picks up the Irish saorview digital channels. I also have a BT Youview box with my BT internet subscription. Now, my BT Youview box picks up all available digital channels, both British and Irish ones. The Youview in my Sony TV is only picking up the British ones. Why is this? It should be picking up both.

The other TV in my house picks up all the freeview digital channels when a scan is performed. What am I not doing on my new super dooper Sony TV????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have probably solved this by now, but I would probably disable YouView first and then do a scan.  Test to see if it works and then re-enable YouView (without doing a re-scan).  This would determine if YouView is locking out frequencies or is the TV itself.

Curious to know how you got on though, as I am not familiar with a 2 aerial system.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have probably solved this by now, but I would probably disable YouView first and then do a scan.  Test to see if it works and then re-enable YouView (without doing a re-scan).  This would determine if YouView is locking out frequencies or is the TV itself.

Curious to know how you got on though, as I am not familiar with a 2 aerial system.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tsoomny
Explorer

Thankyou Quinnicus!! Even though it's been so long since you posted your reply I only looked at it today. Disabling the Youview did the trick. My saorview channels were all there for me as well as the channels from the UK Belfast antenna. I didn't bother re-enabling Youview as I have that on my BT box. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome :cool:

Between the pair of us, it only took a year :rofl: