Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8508C unresponsive after browsing Satellite channels GUIDE

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

KD-55X8508C unresponsive after browsing Satellite channels GUIDE

Browsing, selecting, watching, editing Satellite channels through GUIDE selection and Settings for about 20 minutes caused TV to be almost unresponsive, each selection on channels or Android was responding after 5 seconds, channel could be selected but was without picture and sound. Cleared all apps cache to check if issue could be solved but it did not. No error appeared meanwhile. Unfortunately this has happened again in the past.

Performed a Reboot and everything was fine again.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

The only way this will ever change is by ripping out the whole Sony DTV/DVB code and rewriting it. It is the least usable, weakest performing and buggiest chunk of software that I have ever witnessed in my life.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Issue happend again and again and again during past 3 weeks. More than 5 times.

Yesterday performed a Factory reset, retuned Digital and Satellite channels. Did not connect to Google Account, just connected to Internet WiFi. I don't know what kind of apps Updates is performed this way or if a Google login is necessary. What I noticed is that only after a second Reboot all apps were completely set. There were few that DID NOT during first boot of factory reset.

Set TV to Stby after browsing arranging and watching many digital and satellite channels.

This morning powering ON there was NO picture. No Digital no Satellite. Only Home screen and apps.

Tried clearing Data on everything related to tuners on System-Apps one by one, so that I could possibly figure out what was the cause but none solved. Clearing Data from GUIDE caused a Channel loss of all Digital Channels, not Satellite ones.

TV prompted to rescan for Digital so I accepted and TV went to scan screen. Searching started but was stack to 0% . Waited about 3 minutes but nothing happened. This was as if there was no Digital TUNER.

A reboot solved issue again but there is surely something wrong with new firmware 3885.