Join now - be part of our community!

Center Sync crackle / static.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MegaRid
Explorer

Center Sync crackle / static.

I'm having an issue using my A95K tv as the centre speaker for an HT-A5000 sound bar - namely crackle / static.

It is not regular, certainly not constant, but crops up from time to time and is quite off-putting.

The tv is connected to the sound bar via HDMI using the e-Arc channel. The sound bar is then connected back to the tv using the 3.5mm jack cable supplied with the tv.

I have contacted Sony Support over this but their trouble-shooting advice only went as far as to suggest unplugging everything. I have read, in a number of places, static if often caused by dirt or dust which can be blown away. I have also read suggestions of using compressed air to do the job but don't know if this sounds like the very most sensible idea!! 

Has anyone else had this problem?? Can anyone advise on the dust theory or suggest anything else that might help??

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
tomtomnavajo
Explorer

The centre speaker cable does not appear to be shielded. I am wondering if the cable is picking up outside RFI and feeding into the PCB. Just a thought!

profile.country.GB.title
MegaRid
Explorer

Tomtomnavajo,

Hey.

All thoughts are welcome mate - thanks for the input!! Unfortunately, I can say that I bought a replacement cable from Audioquest - not particularly expensive but with (apparently) decent shielding - and my issue continued. I do get the impression there are different issues being spoken about on this thread - I got mine down to being purely a static sounding crackle, most commonly when looking through menus or similar - but I do know that upgrading the 3.5mm jack cable didn't help.

All other thoughts and suggestions still more than welcome!!

profile.country.GB.title
Dazzler001
New

Hi, just been reading all the comments on this issue.

I have been in contact with Sony for months now trying to resolve the same problem.

I have a bravia XR65A84K t.v (manufactured on 1/23), the AH3000 soundbar, rear speakers and sub.

I can hear a constant high pitch hissing noise and every time I press a button on the remote there's a clicking noise from the TV. When I unplug the centre speaker cable the sound goes away but obviously I'm not able to use the centre speaker so want it to be on as it's one of the main reasons I brought the t.v( it is recessed so I wanted front facing speakers inside.

After a few months of back and forth Sony sent another company out to replace the motherboard. To start with it seemed fine but I realised the engineer didn't push the s lead in fully so it wasn't on. When I pushed it fully in I'm getting the same problem as before.

I'm back to contacting Sony support who are again passing me back and forth and my latest reply was that they cannot hear the problem on the video and I'm too close when recording. ( I explained I needed to be close as a mobile phones mic can't pick up the high pitch noise....they've now basically called me a liar so my next step is to seek legal advise I think. 

It's a shame a I paid a lot for all this set up as I originally wanted an LG but the Currys salesman said Sony were a better t.v and company...... Never again