Join now - be part of our community!

change dedicated netflix remote button?

SOLVED
pingutm
Explorer

change dedicated netflix remote button?

Is there anyway to reassign a diffrent app the the netflix button on the remote control?

I dont use netflix and have no plans to!

I would prefer this button load up PLEX or KODI instead.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hen3bosch
New

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The remote controls for the TV are NOT programmable, which means you cannot change the Netflix button to do something else.  And yes, I agree that it would be help to have this buttom do something other than load an app that some people will use and others wont.

Cheers

zoharma
New

Same problem here. Would love to change it to the Plex app.

morelight
New

But there is no need for the remote to be programmed... only how the TV should interpet the signals, but I guess that is what you meant. 

Anyhow, I would also like to start plex with that button instead of netflix...

does sony have a feedback function? and do they listen to it?

mameha1977
Explorer

Me too.

I noticed that in Kodi, you can use keymap editor addon to assign the sony remote to do specific things like open subtitles, context menu (right click) etc.  BUT, the netflix button cant even be reassigned there, if you click it it opens netflix.

I guess netflix paid sony some big bucks to spam the remote control and GUI.

hen3bosch
New

There is an app in Google Play that does the job: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.pytek.apps.bravia.netflixbuttonchanger

Edit: typo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hen3bosch

Excellent!  Thanks for posting this.  I am sure this little utility will be handy for many.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just emailed the developer to see if they are planning on creating a similar app for the Google Play button too :grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

I contacted the developers for the app in regards to a similar app for the Google Play button - this is their response:

"

Sorry currently there are no plans to support the Google Play button. This is not because we don’t like to support it. The problem is that we do not have a television that has this Google Play button. So we can’t try if the same mechanism works and test it on a device.
"

Cheers
profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

can't uninstall netflix app from tv.  Can just disable or close app but this is not enough to switch button.

How I can uninstall netflix?

TNX