Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Alexa

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Connecting Alexa

Hi guys I recently changed my password on sky hub so have spent quite a while redoing all my Wifi devises which I’ve now done .....the only thing I can’t get  to work is my Alexa talking to my Bravia a1 65 ....I’ve read a few reviews but no good ....I go into my apps scroll down to connect Alexa with tv ....it says it’s loading then I get a error prompt and Alexa tells me check network etc ....I’ve checked google and connected ok And even changed the password ...and in my Alexa. App devises it says it’s enabled ...any ideas ? Thanks in advance 

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @miblogg39,

I’m not all that familiar with Amazon products but I had a similar scenario to yours with a different customer having the same issues with Google Home connectivity and Chromecast. 

Can you tell us which one of the Alexa Echo devices is this about?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

@dutchice wrote:
...I had a similar scenario to yours with a different customer having the same issues with Google Home connectivity and Chromecast.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Are you referring to a general no connection issue or something like the problems described in the links below:

Turn on TV with google assistent

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@zer0ner0 wrote:

@dutchice wrote:
...I had a similar scenario to yours with a different customer having the same issues with Google Home connectivity and Chromecast.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Are you referring to a general no connection issue or something like the problems described in the links below:

Turn on TV with google assistent

Android TV, Google Home, and Netflix: FIXED!

Thanks.

Hi @zer0ner0,

I refer to changing the WiFi router password, then loosing connectivity on the Chromecast device. As then there is nothing that can be done on the Google Home app to reestablish the connection. So the exact scenario as @miblogg39 describes, with the difference of it being about Google products instead of Amazon products.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Hi there the problem I’m having is the beta version of tv control set up with Amazon Alexa will not work just get error saying “ can’t connect to services “

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Okay I see. Make sure that the TV has proper connectivity with the internet since you have changed your WiFi password. Then try this first:

1. Under SETTINGS > APPS > TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa
  2. FORCE STOP the app first then CLEAR DATA and CACHE.
  3. Restart your TV by holding the POWER button on the remote until the TV starts Shutting Off.
  4. Retry setting up Alexa Control on your TV again.

As usual keep us posted please.

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Hi there , I done exactly what you said still the same the load wheel goes around about 2 mins then comes up error ....anything else I can try ? Many thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thanks for getting back to us. I forgot to ask you if you see at the moment the TV under devices in your iOS or Android Alexa app? All of your registered Alexa devices are listed in the Alexa app for iOS or Android, as well as the web portal at alexa.amazon.com. I believe the best solution is to deregister the TV and reauthorise it again.

To deregister one of the devices:

• Open the Alexa mobile app or go to alexa.amazon.com in a web browser.
  • Click on Settings in the left side menu.
  • Click on the name of the device you wish to deregister.
  • For official hardware, you should see a Deregister button to the right of **Device is registered to: [your name]."
  • Click Deregister and confirm the action.

If you can't find the TV listed in there, then try the deregisteration method for other type of Alexa devices:

• Go to amazon.com in a web browser and login.
  • Hover over Accounts & Lists and click Manage Your Content and Devices.
  • Click to open the Your Devices tab.
  • To the left of each device is a ...* button.
  • Click on this button for the device you wish to remove and click Deregsiter.
  • Click Deregister again to confirm.

As always keep us posted with your results!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Unfortunately not don’t no why before I changed password on my router it worked ... don’t get it 🤔

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

So just to clarify. Is your TV now out from the list of devices in your Alexa mobile app and the web? That is what we are loking for. Next you should be able to delete the cache and data from the Alexa Control app on the TV according to my previous instructions and start connecting the TV as the usual manner again.

If you have trouble getting it done, then try making a new Amazon account and connecting the TV to that new account. Just to test. If that doesn't work either, then you must perform a Factory Data Reset on the TV then start connecting the TV to your original Amazon account. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.