Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Alexa

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Connecting Alexa

Hi guys I recently changed my password on sky hub so have spent quite a while redoing all my Wifi devises which I’ve now done .....the only thing I can’t get  to work is my Alexa talking to my Bravia a1 65 ....I’ve read a few reviews but no good ....I go into my apps scroll down to connect Alexa with tv ....it says it’s loading then I get a error prompt and Alexa tells me check network etc ....I’ve checked google and connected ok And even changed the password ...and in my Alexa. App devises it says it’s enabled ...any ideas ? Thanks in advance 

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

When clicking on app just says error can’t connect to required server .... I’ve deleted tv from Alexa app then reinstalled... deleted my router then reinstalled... still no good 😢

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

If you don’t have lots of custom settings on your TV you might just want to go ahead and perform a Factory Data Reset. But my personal believe is that there is something wrong with your Amazon account. I think the way forward for you is as I said before create a new Amazon account then reset your Alexa device at home and try to set it up with that account. Then at least you know that there is nothing wrong with the TV. And it even might help you find out what or when steps go well or wrong in the registration process.

As always keep us posted on your results.

Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Hi there’s once again thanks for prompt reply before I go ahead and sort a amazon account ive now noticed amazon prime and Netflix not working ..would this be same case ? 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Without a doubt. There is an internet connection problem with the TV. Answer these questions individually please.

1. What is the firmware revision of your TV? Perssing the HELP button on the remote control will display this.
  2. Have you connected the TV using a Wired or Wireless connection to your router?
  3. Have you changed or customised any settings on the router? In particular settings related to DNS or firewalls.
  4. Have you installed or are you making use of any type of SmartDNS or SmartVPN or Proxy solutions to connect the TV to the internet?
  5. Could you verify if other internet related apps such as YouTube, iPlayer, Google Play Store or news apps are working?
  6. Are you physically located in mainland UK?

Performing a Factory Data Reset is of course the way to have a fresh start with eveyrthing but it might be that your problem is related to your home network rather than the TV. In that case a FDR won't help you at all.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
miblogg39
Explorer

Hi there have decided to do full factory reset ,it’s asked me to identify my WiFi then I placed in the password and connected no problem ... it’s now gone to screen saying checking for updates as has been for 30 Mins or more ..I see this normal .