Join now - be part of our community!

Dimming issue after PKG6.2858.0082 software update.

profile.country.GB.title
jirober52

Dimming issue after PKG6.2858.0082 software update.

Since the PKG6.2858 update I have a dimming issue with my Sony A1. The picture pre update was stunning, however since the update I am experiencing varying levels of brightness which has completely ruined ths set for me. Colours are lacklustre and mostly dim, a factory reset has failed to rectify the problem. It seems that a number of owners on the AVSForums are experiencing similar problems. Only hope that Sony bring out a fix but not holding my breath.

183 REPLIES 183
profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Re Dimming After PK 6.5603

The header is out of date as the latest software version (above) failed to address the matter. 

caitsith01 is absoultely correct, the dimming is not jst about HDR content and occurs across a whole host of broadcast standards and Scramz, a poster on here, has highlighted the static score on screen as the reason for the dimming.

I`m trying to watch the Aus/Ire rugby on my A1 today but it  is depressing.

Delighted to see that Sony have now delayed the roll out of 6.5603  so perhaps we are getting somewhere.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Fraz57  schrieb:

Delighted to see that Sony have now delayed the roll out of 6.5603  so perhaps we are getting somewhere.

The FW has been pulled because it bricked quite some TVs on update. Not the first time. Last time, Sony spent 2 months to just fix installation issues without anything else. So don't hold your breath.

profile.country.US.title
caitsith01

Does anyone have an update on these issues?

The silence from Sony is deafening.  It is absolutely ridiculous to me that Sony has failed to even communicate with its customers about this issue, let alone fix it.

I cannot believe the incompetence of this company. 

profile.country.GB.title
Barcabod

I have been a bit quiet because I have been waiting for John Lewis or Sony to come back to me.

Anyhow nothing has been sorted so I phoned John Lewis again last week.

They again said they would send an engineer to take the tv away this time and see if it could be fixed.

I recieved a call from the engineer last Wednesday to say that Sony were about to release a new update and they were putting the final touches to it. The engineer said it would be better to wait until the update was released and he would come to my house and install it. Instead of taking the  TV away ( I dont know whether to believe this or not as people far better placed than me have given no indication regarding this)

I recieved anotther call today and was told that, Sony were sopposed to be releasing an update today or tomorrow ( again I hope I am not being fed a line

He has asked if he can come this coming Friday "if Sony do release the update" (his words not mine).

So fingers crossed eh!!

How is everyone else coping with the world cup by candlelight?

profile.country.GB.title
jirober52

We must all hope that the information that Barcabod has received is indeed correct.

This thread has been quiet as we are all waiting in anticipation for the promised fine tuning of the delayed v6.5603 firmware. At the moment there is still uncertainty that the issue will be addressed, we can only live in hope.

It is now over 3 months since this issue first appeared, Sony's response can only be described as shambolic.

profile.country.GB.title
Peterm12
Explorer

had this on my xd8599 after the last update I turned the hybrid log gamma to the max and it fixed my tv

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Peterm12  schrieb:

had this on my xd8599 after the last update I turned the hybrid log gamma to the max and it fixed my tv

Totally different problem. You should read before posting...

profile.country.GR.title
Lazaros_K

Hello fellow Bravia owners. From reading here it seems there was an issue with an update (v. 5603) right?

I just got this update Ota on my KD49XD8305. 

I guess the fixed the issue??

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Neither you read what this topic is all about. This only affects OLED TVs and a too aggressive auto brightness limiter. Latest firmware does not fix it. You have a LED LCD TV which is not affected by that...

profile.country.GB.title
jirober52

How is everyone else coping with the world cup by candlelight?

First 3 minutes of each half of every match have been great, unable to comment on the rest........