Join now - be part of our community!

DISAPPOINTED KD65X930C - SLOW MENU

black_is200
Explorer

DISAPPOINTED KD65X930C - SLOW MENU

I must say being a SONY fan, i'l left a little disapointed with this set. Classed the best of the best, is not quite right. The set has everything going for it and its let down by a poor,poor menu system. Its cumbersum and extremly slow!!.. Is there a fix for it?

17 REPLIES 17
Mekerz

AndroidTV on these Sony sets definitely isn't the most responsive UI out there, many people on these community forums have said as much.

I'm not sure why though as even though the SoC in these sets isn't the fastest, it should be good enough to provide a smooth UI as Android has had several improvements over the years to make it perform better on low hardware such as Android One devices.

You're right to be disappointed though - Sony have dropped the ball with their Bravia 2015 TV sets and I'll be discounting Sony as a brand I'll consider purchasing again.

black_is200
Explorer

Absolutely!!... I was advised againts spending the 2K on a SONY... I too wont be making that mistake again...

I cannot believe that I have paid way over 2k for this TV. I have had nothing but problems from day 1. The remote is sometimes unresponsive, browsing TV guide is slow and locks up and a hard TV reset is needed. I have had to remove now TV as its that slow in the menus and keeps crashing the TV and only way to resolve is to completely remove the poewer and switch back on.

How the hell Sony can release a tv of this standard that is clearly not ready for the public is beyond me!

black_is200
Explorer

You have hit this on the nail... spot on. This is a substandard product at an extortionate price. IF everything 'flowed' then I would pay more, but it does not.
Sony need to start using APPLE policies. Thier products are at a premium price, but everything works, everything 'flows' that is how it should be.

Ive bought a wireless SONY Subwoofer, guess what.. it has a mind of its own. May thats the TV, maybe that the Subwoofer.. I no longer care.

Years of being faithful to SONY have got me no where and now have pushed me away.. Well done SONY!!!

ooranoo
New

I definately will not be buying another. I'm extremely dissapointed with this TV. I've had all the updates on automatic, reset it numerous times and it is still extremely slow. I should not have to clear the cache each time in order to TRY to speed it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ooranoo

It is interesting that you are experiencing lots of slowness.  Since the release of an update to the firmware on 7th Demember 2016 (version 3.533) I have experienced an overall improvement in the responsiveness of the TV. 

There is an occasion that that TV needs a general 'reboot', but this can be done by pressing and holding the power button on the remote control for more than 6 seconds.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

I notice that (in my case) was helping reset remote control. (take batteries off and and put them again in remote)

TV is much faster (maybe is difficult notice is tv slow or remote is slow)

Hope you understand my english... :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
pr1uk2
New

Just spent out and bought a Sony KD43XE8004BU to replace my year old Philips which was destined for the bedroom after a month i have changed them around again. The Sony was nice but the remote response was really slow and got on my nerves in the end never expected Sony to release a model that had such a bad remote response time. Phiips was £200 cheaper yet works so much better and faster sad to say this will be my last ever Sony and this company is so highy rated, not by me.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

@Anonymous

i agree there has been a marginal increase in response, however even if the speed was doubled its still pales in comparison to any other TV.

Ive had mine replaced 3 times now and im on a 2017 model, the speed is better than my previous but still way way below par.  put this together with Youview not recording, no programme reminders, still waiting 30 secs after initial switch on to change a channel, BBC IPlayer HLG / Blue planet, Netflix issues, Amazon issues, wifi issues, volume bar issues, passthrough issues, bandwitdh drop, bluetooth issues, lack of profile backup, random TV restarts, poor drivers, poor hardware, 2015 TVs sold as 2016 models, botched firmware releases, botched bug releases, no timeshift & astounding lack of support or communication etc... etc... is it any wonder people have had enough of the so called "Premium" Sony brand.

As others have said this will be my last Sony TV purchase.