Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty Sony TV - KD - 49XE9005

profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

Faulty Sony TV - KD - 49XE9005

Had this tv for about 5 years and I’m sick of it. Constantly reboots, at least once every time I want to watch some tv or play a game. Sony support are v slow at helping, and when they do reply, they tell me something I have read on a forum already (factory reset the tv, hold down the buttons, pull out the plug for 30 seconds, etc). 

Was hoping one of you could talk me through how to manually fix my tv, as Sony don’t know how to fix their own product and refuse to take my tv in for inspection. 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

Update:

Sony vehemently refuse to fix my faulty TV, not will they give me a quote to fix it. 

It’s because they don’t want to fix it and they do not value me as a customer. Or they may as well say that. 

I am telling them what is wrong with the TV and every reply is the same BS reply “update your tv, remove your HDMI cables, etc” 

It is incredibly patronising. This is the worst customer experience I’ve had in the past few years - it’s definitely up there with Currys for how insufferable this whole process has been. 

Never before has a company made me feel so utterly pathetic and useless. I’m really sorry I ever bought this and tbh I don’t know why I keep asking Sony for help because it’s like talking to a brick wall. 

Also, on a side note, signing into this forum is an absolute chore. They make you do about 20 of those Gotcha puzzles before you can even sign in.

What’s that all about?! Come on Sony. Sort out your Sht. You’re meant to be a market leader in tech and you can’t even run a website properly.