Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update to v6.827 (OREO) 2015/2016 tvs

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

Firmware update to v6.827 (OREO) 2015/2016 tvs

hi all , anyone know when firmware v6.287 (oreo)  for 2015/2016 tvs is going to be released for europe ? its already been released for asia/pacific, thanks 

69 REPLIES 69
profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

This is surprising news, thought Sony had abandoned and forgot these models forever. 

So let's wait for the EU firmware, I'm also interested in the roadmap here. 

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

hiya, yep feel the same , we could really do with os upgrade, its been a very long time loll

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

Be aware when you do get the update that the ability to turn on or off  IPv6 is removed which may cause issues with network disconnects which means you will have to disable IPv6 on your router instead .

profile.country.SE.title
brandnewidol
Explorer

Yepp, following this as well... I wonder if it goes to install the Asian firmware on European models from 2015 (mine is KD-55X8505C), will the European TV recognize the downloaded Asian firmware on an USB-stick and start installing? I don't dare to do it myself, afraid of bricking my TV 🙂 If anyone has done it earlier, could be good to know...

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

loll i alredy tried it , dosent work, says cannot update using this device 

profile.country.SE.title
brandnewidol
Explorer

Aahhh, good to know. Thanks for trying and letting us know!

Fingers crossed then that we'll get it in Europe as well, although pessimistic...

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

We have 2 kdl-50w800c have updated them both to Oreo here in NZ , has made a big difference to performance , I cant see why they would not release this everywhere .

profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

lucky you, still waiting for release here in uk loll

profile.country.GB.title
LGSAMy

Maybe we are the guinea pigs .