Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI issue on new 55XD9305

SOLVED
johnboyuk
New

HDMI issue on new 55XD9305

Can anyone help?

Have got the 9305 on the wall with HDMI cable in port HDMI 1 and other end goes into an Amazon Firebox.  TV says no signal.  Have tried all 4 ports and nothing.  Put the HDMI cable into my old TV and I've got the firebox signal.  Have tried with my laptop too and that works.

Whats going on?

I've done all the system updates and am losing patience now.  I buy a £1,600 tv and I expect it to work straight out of the box.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
johnboyuk
New

Problem solved.

The Firebox, for some reason, has an issue with 1080p at 60hz.  Reducing to 50hz and it works fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried the advanced troubleshooting steps in this FAQ:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

However, from what I gather, the laptop connects fine to the HDMI ports on the TV - therefore the HDMI ports are working OK.  The Amazon Firebox works on another TV, hence the Firebox is OK.  Although im not 100% sure why you need this with your TV ? 

When you say TV says no signal?  Are you talking about Freeview/Terrestrial TV?  If so, separate the HDMI cable as far as possible away from the aerial cable.  You might also want to consider shielded cables for EM interferrence.

Cheers

johnboyuk
New

Problem solved.

The Firebox, for some reason, has an issue with 1080p at 60hz.  Reducing to 50hz and it works fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for posting back - I;ll try and remember this if it crops up again from anyone else. :slight_smile:

Cheers