Join now - be part of our community!

Help , My Android TV got bricked after I issued "adb reboot bootloader"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Help , My Android TV got bricked after I issued "adb reboot bootloader"

Hi

I have a 55x8500c Sony Android tv (Asia model),

Previously I had a problem, My tv won't update to any firmware, It was rebooting at 53% exactly everytime when it tries to copy the update file from usb.

I was searching for a solution, So I enabled developer options, and I tried "adb reboot recovery" It didnt enter any recovery, simply it restarted.

Then I tried "adb reboot bootloader" , Now it is stuck, It shows sony logo for a few seconds and the display becomes blank. White led is also not glowing.

It is bricked, Any solution will be very helpful.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Hi

I resolved the issue, I connected a USB A to A cable to my computer and entered "fastboot reboot" , It successfully rebooted to the android system.

Thanks

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As I mentioned in my PM, i have escalated this to Sony Support for them to contact you.  Unless another forum member can assist in the meantime.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Hi

I resolved the issue, I connected a USB A to A cable to my computer and entered "fastboot reboot" , It successfully rebooted to the android system.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry i havent replied sooner.  I am really glad that you have managed to resolve the problem.  Well done!

Cheers

jojodream
Explorer

where enter fast reboot.

please help how

jojodream
Explorer

where enter this and how

aoriol

@pikachu2, it looks like I'm bricked as well 😞

Would you please let the rest of us know how exactly can one send a "fastboot reboot" command to the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Hi

You must install android sdk in your pc, Follow the instructions here Fastboot guide

In linux and mac you dont need drivers to connect through fastboot mode, Don't know about windows drivers.

once sdk is installed Connect usb cable to the tv, open command prompt Go to \sdk\platform-tools then enter fastboot reboot

Your tv should restart

aoriol

@pikachu2, thanks so much for your reply!

I have a mac, so should I simply do it via Terminal? No need to install anything?

profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

You just have to install android sdk for mac and have a USB A to A cable.

Android sdk link: android sdk

Yes you should enter fastboot command in terminal, Navigate to pathto/sdk/platform-tools

This method restarts your tv if it is stuck in bootloader mode.