Join now - be part of our community!

Help , My Android TV got bricked after I issued "adb reboot bootloader"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Help , My Android TV got bricked after I issued "adb reboot bootloader"

Hi

I have a 55x8500c Sony Android tv (Asia model),

Previously I had a problem, My tv won't update to any firmware, It was rebooting at 53% exactly everytime when it tries to copy the update file from usb.

I was searching for a solution, So I enabled developer options, and I tried "adb reboot recovery" It didnt enter any recovery, simply it restarted.

Then I tried "adb reboot bootloader" , Now it is stuck, It shows sony logo for a few seconds and the display becomes blank. White led is also not glowing.

It is bricked, Any solution will be very helpful.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
pikachu2

Hi

sorry , I have no idea how to revive your TV

One last try Check your PM inbox.

I think only way to reset is to update your TV using any firmware available online by using a USB stick.

you can also connect a keyboard and mouse to your TV usb and configure it.

aoriol

@pikachu2

> One last try Check your PM inbox.

Didn't work 😞

> you can also connect a keyboard and mouse to your TV usb and configure it.

How do I do it?

Is there really no way to factory reset this piece of crap TV? I'm so angry right now.

aoriol

Heya @pikachu2,

There are some news on my side...

I was able to enable ADB debugging and now I have the exact same problem as you. I ran "adb reboot-bootloader", the TV restarted and it shows a blank screen right after the SONY logo.

Can you please tell me if I will be able to issue ADB commands via USB on this blank screen, and if I can, what should I do to exit it?

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Adrian.

aoriol

I bought a USB male to male cable and can't connect via adb on the blank screen 😞

./adb usb

error: no devices/emulators found

./adb devices
List of devices attached

[BLANK]

To repeat, I was able to adb via wi-fi before the "adb reboot-bootloader" command. Am I doing something wrong?

aoriol

I found a bunch of reports that say that USB debugging doesn't work on Sony Android TVs, only tcip. But it looks like it doesn't go late enough in the stage process to get an IP. This is super scary.

How did you connect to it via USB, @pikachu2? Where you using a mac or a pc?

@Anonymous any suggestions? 😕

profile.country.GB.title
fckthis
Explorer

Got the same problem... Any solution? @aoriol

profile.country.GB.title
fckthis
Explorer

I only know, that you have to use fastboot and not adb for this... But the screen stays black and by fastboot connection says "waiting for any device".

profile.country.GB.title
fckthis
Explorer

Okay, solved this by resetting the TV:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00159906

profile.country.US.title
nnsony62
Explorer

Hi Guys

My Sony  XBR-65X900F Stop working a few days. Never go pass the android logo when start up !! I tried to factory reset several times but no result . Thank you for your help

834csc
New

The original solution to that particular problem is 3 yrs old, and clearly not the same that many are experiencing now. The infinite loop thing that effects main board. Main board is sold out everywhere, TV is sold out everywhere (more like discontinued due to these problems). Makes me very angry that this happens to a brand new TV and Sony does nothing about it, NOTHING AT ALL. Makes me angry on how much time i spent trying all of Sony's worthless solutions to fix a worthless TV. Sony you suck. Never ever again will I purchase a Sony and I will spread the word. Hope everyone else does too.

My repair costs on a 2 yr old XBR65X810C are about to exceed the cost of it, and even close to double. Forget it........3 main boards in 2 yrs, this is really unacceptable to me.