Join now - be part of our community!

Is Android 6.0 coming to 2015 Bravia?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Is Android 6.0 coming to 2015 Bravia?

As per title, anyone heard anything? I have heard it is more stable and memory / cpu / gpu efficient?

@Anonymous ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are NO plans to update Android to Marshmallow - well at least not this year anyhow.  I have not seen anything to even indicate that this is even on Sony's to-do list.  I think their priority is enabling the features that are overdue and fixing the various issues that have been reported.  After that, who knows :wink:

Cheers.

View solution in original post

zyofeng
New

Actually you are wrong, according to Sony product manager during an interview in CES 2016, Marshmallow is coming to existing Bravia TVs.

Read it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB03GW8MTU

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are NO plans to update Android to Marshmallow - well at least not this year anyhow.  I have not seen anything to even indicate that this is even on Sony's to-do list.  I think their priority is enabling the features that are overdue and fixing the various issues that have been reported.  After that, who knows :wink:

Cheers.

zyofeng
New

Actually you are wrong, according to Sony product manager during an interview in CES 2016, Marshmallow is coming to existing Bravia TVs.

Read it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB03GW8MTU

profile.country.DK.title
Merlins_Apprentice

Great news 🙂 Thank you very much for the link. 

Cheers

:wink:

profile.country.ES.title
kaplox

Hi all, any update about the upgrade to Android TV 6.0? What about the new TV Bravia sets 2016, do they have 6.0 installed? 

Thank you!!!!!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Also the new sets are still on Lollipop

Julosch
Explorer

I'd also like an update on this!