Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / X

profile.country.GB.title
Hpayne
Explorer

ITV Hub / X

ITV have launched the new platform ITV X. When will this update on my Sony TV?

I am also unable to access 'live' tv on the current ITV Hub app. How do I resolve this?

Tags (1)
71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

For those in need of live streams from itv x.

Use the app on mobile and cast to the sony tv.

What actually comes up is a full HD version of the app on the TV saying "waiting for stream"

Then on mobile, simply start the live channel you want, lock your phone and enjoy.

profile.country.GB.title
nandykoushik99
Explorer

@Lord_viridis Yes this is currently the bust option until Sony launches the app. But its frustrating to not receive the update. Most importantly Sony tech supports are not aware of this, they talk you through all unwanted scripted Troubleshooting. I am staring to hate sony customer service

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey I believe Sony is going to release a new update that has the ITVX app for their TVs. 

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Well it is now 8th September and no ITV X app KD-A55 all other devices Pixel phone Now tv Roku and Amazon have added the app ahead of time I might add but as always Sony seem to drag their feet releasing the update 

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

I have the KD48A9.  The app for the ITV hub remains the same with no new features.   A couple of programmes from ITVX are mentioned but that is all.  Very disappointed.  Hope an update comes soon.

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

There are some "why do you need ITVx" responses on this thread. Well the best reason is that some programmes will be released (or even exclusive to) on ITVx before going to broadcast. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@msanm62 wrote:

Well it is now 8th September and no ITV X app KD-A55 all other devices Pixel phone Now tv Roku and Amazon have added the app ahead of time I might add but as always Sony seem to drag their feet releasing the update 

@msanm62 

My, you’re going to be unpopular come the 25th 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Thanks Ray oops why I put September instead of December must have had a brain 🧠 freeze moment... I'm have returned from the past and can confirm it was today 8th December phew Christmas 🎄 is saved

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @msanm62, so have you managed to update to ITVX successfully?