Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / X

profile.country.GB.title
Hpayne
Explorer

ITV Hub / X

ITV have launched the new platform ITV X. When will this update on my Sony TV?

I am also unable to access 'live' tv on the current ITV Hub app. How do I resolve this?

Tags (1)
71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Hi @Piscie 

No joy I'm afraid tried again this morning 

I messaged Sony they said it was being rolled out for Android Tv but did not provide a timeline bit frustrating just have to hope it drops sooner rather than later 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @msanm62, it's supposed to be launched already. Which software version is currently installed on your TV and what is your TV model? You can try to clear the TV's cached data then force restart your TV by holding the Power button for a few secs. You can also clear the cached data for Live TV & Catchup (settings - apps - Live TV & Catchup), then check Google Play Store if there is an update for iTV app, hope it works! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@Piscie 

Just to jump in on the thread with my first post on the forum. 

My TV is KD-55XH8096

The App Store checked daily for updates. With so far zero luck on ITVX appearing. 

Could be naive, but how can clearing the TV cache and the app cache help toward in bringing ITVX to replace the horrific ITV hub app on the YouView section?

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

@PiscieThanks for the guidance I have followed your suggestion but still no app 

Model KD-55A85 

Android Version 9 

Live TV Catch up V 2022_10_15-cbb70c33ac-sony 

Sony Select V.10.2.6

Cleared cache from above as well as clearing app data from storage then force restart 

profile.country.GB.title
nodrog47

I Would imagine that the update of ITV Hub  to ITVx is down to youview as ITV hub is tied to their app .I personally think you view is the biggest pile of manure on Sony TV,s, I Have a 7 year old Sony andriod but disabled youview because of inability to have recording and sat tuner  with youview enabled and ran catchup apps from firestick (now as ITVx)..

I would love a new Sony TV but will not buy one that as Youview

Piscie
Community Team

@msanm62, I actually heard that Sony is investigating this issue, hopefully they will find a solution soon! I'd also recommend checking an update for Live TV & Catchup on Google Play Store.

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Hi @Piscie 

Thank you for the info I have downloaded an updated live tv but unfortunately did not include ITVx app wait for Sony to release a fix if that is the issue

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@Piscie 

This is good to hear that Sony have acknowledged the issue and looking into it. 

Hopefully it’s not too long for an update! Would be nice to have a proper working ITV app on the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@nodrog47 

As you say, 7 years old, I.e. dating from the first incarnation of YouView on Sony.

You will find things have moved on a bit since then; YouView, now called ‘Catchup & Live TV’, is now like just another app, no longer something where you almost have to reboot the TV if you want to switch back to Freeview. And you no longer lose the itv Hub and All4 apps just because you aren’t in YouView. And now you can have those apps without an aerial, which wasn’t the case in 2015.

And I think (though someone else might be able to confirm or deny) that YouView can now coexist with Freesat/satellite.

There’s still no Pause and Rewind, still no recording, and still no watching live TV on the itv Hub and All4 apps. But the solution to the apps issues, as it was in 2015 and is now, is an Amazon Firestick or a Roku Express - something we are all needing, or shortly going to be needing, with TVs that old.

My 2015 4k flagship Samsung, now relegated to the dining room, is sporting a Roku Stick+, needed now for Now, and for 4k on the BBC iPlayer, neither of which this aging TV supports.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi gavin1985 & msanm62, Sony has confirmed that the app will not be launched this year, it's expected to be by Jan. 2023, with no specific date.