Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / X

profile.country.GB.title
Hpayne
Explorer

ITV Hub / X

ITV have launched the new platform ITV X. When will this update on my Sony TV?

I am also unable to access 'live' tv on the current ITV Hub app. How do I resolve this?

Tags (1)
71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Thanks for the update 

I must say not unexpected Sony always seem to be one of the last manufacturer's to apply upgrades don't understand why it takes so long to their competitors to release apps same thing happened with apple +

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@HannahEd01 

Thanks for somehow finding it out. Terrible stuff from Sony to have this take so long to get the app updated!

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

I have the KD-49XH8096 model, one down in size from the one gavin1985 has. Unsurprisingly has the same issue with itvx app.

I'm pleased to see in other posts that Sony have acknowledged the issue.   I'm guessing that itvx will be part of the 'Sony Select' apps for these series of Android TV's as all the existing terrestrial channel apps come via that (IE iPlayer All4, C5 and old ITV Hub) and not the Google TV play store for Android TVs

In the meantime I've dug out a Roku stick I had and getting that setup again.

Piscie
Community Team

@steveswest, as per the ITVX official website, this new ITV streaming service will act as the online hub of ITV content: https://www.whattowatch.com/features/itvx-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-itv-on-demand-se... 

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

Anyone manage to get an update on this?

When I contacted ITVX support the other day they told me there is no date for it happening and to keep checking for updates on the TV.

How it’s taking so long is beyond a joke considering they had 6 months to get things sorted out. Switching between the Amazon Fire stick and TV itself is a pain in the a**.

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@LightFoot 

Thanks bud, just a matter of waiting for the update to come through now. Hopefully it’s not end of the month haha.

Glad that I’ve got one of the supported models in that approved list.

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Thanks for the update,   My model is in the list so fingers crossed.

profile.country.GB.title
msanm62

Hi Gavin no update yet I assume it's down to the app being part of the Sony Select app surely it would be better to have standalone apps for each provider don't understand what benefits having Sony select I'm sure someone will enlighten us

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@msanm62 

Couldn’t agree more. As My5 offer through both Sony Select and directly through the App Store, where the main difference is the ability to watch live through the downloadable app.