Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / X

profile.country.GB.title
Hpayne
Explorer

ITV Hub / X

ITV have launched the new platform ITV X. When will this update on my Sony TV?

I am also unable to access 'live' tv on the current ITV Hub app. How do I resolve this?

Tags (1)
71 REPLIES 71
profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@Hpayne @msanm62 @steveswest @LightFoot @Piscie 

An app update for the YouView and Live TV. Finally got ITVX when you launch it! 

Although disappointing to say no live TV channels or the fast channels either. Have to say what a huge difference in UI compared to old ITV hub. Looks like I will have to keep the Fire stick handy for any live TV streaming.

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@Hpayne @msanm62 @steveswest @LightFoot @Piscie 

Spoke too soon, update to the app was almost pointless.

No HD or live streams.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607064/itv-x-rollout/p2

Well done ITV and YouView, you’ve completely messed this update up. All it’s done is updated UI and the content to go with it.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

So is that it then? did your ITV Hub app change to ITVX on the Sony Select bar or it is just ITVX within YouView?

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@ccarmock 

Launched the app on the Home Screen using the Sony Select row. 
The app skin is still the ITV hub, but upon launching it does indeed launch as ITVX.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Just updated by KD-48A9's live TV app and get the same - old ITV Hub graphics on the home screen, but when launched it is ITV X.  Like you no HD content though.   Since the ITV Hub did have HD content this is a step backwards.

I also have a Chromecast with Google TV for another TV and it had ITVX since launch.  I do see different content between them, for instance on the Sony TV no Doctor Who episodes show up, but they do on the Chromecast with Google TV version.   Though even that is bugged - if you enter the full text Doctor Who as soon as you enter the last letter o it says nothign found, yet before that it's fine.

profile.country.GB.title
rightgradely
Explorer

Sony have now published a list of sets that will and won't get upgraded to ITVX.  Sadly for me, my 2018 set (XF85) will not get ITVX.  https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00287614

The list of non-upgrading sets is long and includes 2021 sets.

This is really poor. Those affected will lose the second main streaming service in the UK as ITV hub will be removed. And no explanation why. I assume technology-related but come on Sony - you can do better than this !  I will not purchase a Sony again if this is what we are buying into.

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Humm,

So this begs the question why have Sony/ITVX released such a crippled version of the ITVX app via the Sony Select/Youview? Really No HD content!

My KD-49XH8096 model runs all the other Apps such as Netflix, Disney+ AppleTV etc installed from Google AppStore very well and gets the latest versions!

Why are the versions of the terrestrial apps from the Sony Select/Youview so poor?

To be honest I'm not overly bothered as I only use the terrestrial channels catch-up streaming service very infrequently. But I did want to watch some of the new spy dramas on ITVX (IE Litvinenko) and the occasional catch-up of a missed soap episode for other family members!

As I have hooked up my Roku stick again; I can get it there if I really need to!

profile.country.GB.title
gavin1985

@steveswest 

Across on the YouView forum admin are putting the blame completely on ITV here. 

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7607064/itv-x-rollout/p2

For those like me with Sony YouView TVs, this is just shockingly bad from ITV. It's not like they had 6+ months to get something sorted out.

Have sent a very polite but snooty message to ITV about the lack of HD and other features on the "updated app". My suggestion is for others @Hpayne @rightgradely @ccarmock @msanm62  to do the same.

https://itvx-form.kustomer.support/contact/itvx-contactform-S1iw1IuGo

profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Same problem for me with my KD48-A9 Sony OLED.  I have just completed the form.  Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Jewers wrote:

Same problem for me with my KD48-A9 Sony OLED.  I have just completed the form.  Many thanks.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…