Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD7005 - google play application for remote control

profile.country.RS.title
voxxx70
Explorer

KD-49XD7005 - google play application for remote control

Hi,

1. I try to install few application for my Android TV as a remote controler as mobile phone, but no one can't work. 

Anybody to know some good application for this model of TV?

2. How can I connect my TV with my PC to watch movies on my TV directly from PC? Only Plex application or someother app?

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @voxxx70,

Welcome to the Sony Community! The answer to your first question is the Video & TV Sideview app by Sony found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.tvsideview.phone The answer to your second question is indeed the PLEX app to be installed as a Plex Server (not Plex Player) on your PC, then installing the PLEX app for Android TV on your TV to playback the videos. You must have your TV, mobile phone and PC connected to the same home network in order for both solutions regarding your two questions to work.

Alternatively you could choose to playback the videos using the Video built-in app on your TV by Sony; after opening the app you will have to look under DEVICES for your PC PLEX server. This means that Video still will require you to install a media server on your home network. Any media server application in compliance with DLNA guidelines will work. So you could simply use the PLEX media server on your PC for that. The advantage of playing the videos using Video instead of PLEX is because Video is able to decode the native DTS tracks on your videos.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.RS.title
voxxx70
Explorer

Thank you for good explanation, but myTv is not on support list for side view application. I cant to connect my TV via that app.

Plex is working fine. Thank you once again.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Your TV is definitely supported as far as I could verify. If you perhaps let us know where have you seen it written as not supported, we can report it and correct that information.

The official list of compatible devices for BRAVIA TVs can be found on: http://info.tvsideview.sony.net/en_ww/home_device.html#bravia

Have you completed first the registration process? I advice you to read and follow carefully the steps to connect your SideView app to the TV on here: http://info.tvsideview.sony.net/en_ww/faq/regist_tv.html#bravia2013

Let us know if that solves your problem. Otherwise try restarting both the TV and mobile phone then try again.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.RS.title
voxxx70
Explorer

I have next problem. when I click on Add Device then I dont have steps 3,4 and 5. App dont find nothing and thats all. 

I dont have next screen after message "no device" on my application.

Screenshot_1.png

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Ok. Thanks for your clear description. Let's see if we can solve the problem. Please take your time and check the following questions carefully before answering them.

1. Is the TV and mobile phone connected to the same router on your home network?
  2. Is the TV [ON] when you click the ADD DEVICE button on the Video & TV Sideview app?
  3. Is this setting set to [ON] on your TV?
    Home > Settings > Network > Remote device settings > Control remotely
  4. Is your TV connected through a wireless connection to your home network router?

Post back your answers and we will see from there.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.RS.title
voxxx70
Explorer

1. Is the TV and mobile phone connected to the same router on your home network?  YES
  2. Is the TV [ON] when you click the ADD DEVICE button on the Video & TV Sideview app? YES
  3. Is this setting set to [ON] on your TV?
    Home > Settings > Network > Remote device settings > Control remotely    I dont have same options as you said, because in Network I dont have option Remote device settings
  4. Is your TV connected through a wireless connection to your home network router?  I have one home router when are connecting mobile phone and TV. Answer is YES!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thank you for your answers. Connecting the TV through a wireless connection to the home router is unfortunately a known issue for the Video & TV Sideview app for not recognising your TV.

So I recommend for testing purposes to:

1. Try connecting the TV through a wired connection to your router and retry the registration process
  2. Try replacing your home router with a different router and retry the registration process. There are functions on some routers which can interfere with the transmission of packets required for the Video & TV Sideview app (Isolated mode, Multi-SSID, Specific type of firewalls, etc.) So changing the router just might solve your problem.
  3. You could also simply restart the router and retrying the registration process again to see if a temporary glitch is perhaps the problem or not.

Alternatively a simple search on the Google Play Store will return plenty of other Remote Control apps for your Sony BRAVIA TV. So if none of the options above works for you, try your luck with a different app.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Cheers,

Dutchice