Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD8305 - colour settings software bug.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

KD-49XD8305 - colour settings software bug.

Hi- I am having an issue when setting the colour saturation level on this TV. I set it to an acceptable level and return backto watching TV, as sson as I change channel, the colour saturation appears to default to a level 10-15% above the level I have just set. It is almost as if it is defaulting to 'retail' mode.

The TV is running android nougat.

I have found a previous thread that reported the same issue with this TV running marshmallow.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-43xd8305-software-bug-in-colour-settings/td-p/2247024

Is anybody experiencing this problem? Or knows of a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

Firmware update was installed yesterday and this issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I havent seen this reported in awhile, however I can see its clearly still an issue.  I have added this to the bugs and issues list and have reported it to Sony.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2361196#M21200

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the reply. Are you aware if there was a fix for the earlier instances of this issue? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am not aware of any fix or resolution for the previous issue.  My assumption is that this was never resolved.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

It looks like Sony have found a solution, just need them to roll it out. Thank you for contacting Sony Support regarding your Sony KD-49XD8305. With regards to your enquiry, please note that the issue is still under investigation. It will be solved with the next software update which should be released soon, however, we do not have confirmation of the exact release date as of yet.   Thank you for your patience so far and we assure you we are working on solving this issue.   Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.   Thank you for your enquiry.   Yours sincerely,   Zainab SONY SUPPORT TEAM
profile.country.GB.title
banno1971
Explorer

Firmware update was installed yesterday and this issue is now resolved.