Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 - Dolby Atmos with Netflix?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jonnyaikido
New

KD-55A1 - Dolby Atmos with Netflix?

I have a KD-55A1 connected via a 2.1 HDMI (ARC) cable to STR 1080DN amp with connected 5.1.2 atmos speakers.  How can I get the Netflix app on my TV to stream Dolby Atmos audio to the AV amp?

Thanks!

61 REPLIES 61
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I am bit disappointed now, I have the same TV but it only shows Dolby Vision and not Atmos. 

You probably did not pick a movie or show with Atmos track then. OS and Netflix app are up to date?

Top on that I have also bought an Atmos soundbar from Samsung and it still shows 5.1 in Netflix., 

Suppose you connected the Atmos soundbar via HDMI-ARC? Disconnect SPDIF Optical. It might disable Atmos.

profile.country.GB.title
yashwantastha
Explorer

My OS is up to date, and I was selecting Iron Fist, Punisher etc, they are in Atmos. However to be honest I don't know whether Netflix is updated or not.

Coming to Connection, The HDMI is connected between ARC to ARC. 

profile.country.GB.title
pedromalo

That was my fear - that we could not put to work Atmos via the soundbar either because Netflix does not support (most likely) or some hardware limitation on the smartTV (less likely). We might need to push Netflix to support Atmos soundbards and not only the smartTVs that have it natively...

I do not know if @stewartgordon4 is really getting Atmos with his set-up, would be nice to have a confirmation (e.g. that going to Okja movie you do get the Atmos sign in netflix like you see here: https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/28/netflix-dolby-atmos-debut-okja/). Can you check / confirm @stewartgordon4 ?

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i get dolby atmos with my set up which is kd65-xf9005 anthem mrx 720 recever 7.1.2speaker system tv is connected to the recever by h d m i cable to h d m i 3 arc

profile.country.GB.title
yashwantastha
Explorer

@stewartgordon4 wrote:

i get dolby atmos with my set up which is kd65-xf9005 anthem mrx 720 recever 7.1.2speaker system tv is connected to the recever by h d m i cable to h d m i 3 arc

Thank you for your reply and answers, I really appreciate this. Just one last question, Do you also get Atmos in NETFLIX, without any connection as in only in TV? 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Afaik arc connection is not able to carry on dolby Atmos. You would need eArc that is available only on eArc introduced now on the AF9
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@rooobb  schrieb:
Afaik arc connection is not able to carry on dolby Atmos. You would need eArc that is available only on eArc introduced now on the AF9
Wrong.

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

dont get dolby atmos thru tv speakers
profile.country.GB.title
pedromalo

@stewartgordon4 sure you don't, your smartTV does not have the Dolby Atmos hardware/speaker setup.

But question: On Neflix, with your setup, you see the Dolby Atmos logo in a Dolby Atmos movie (e.g. Okja) like you see it here in the image https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/28/netflix-dolby-atmos-debut-okja/ ?

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i see the dolby vision and dolby atmos on all the programs that netflix stream in dolby atmos like jessica jones lost in space the punisher