Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C problems.

SOLVED
Triswillmott

KD-55X8509C problems.

I got this tv because my old KDL-55W905 went in for a replacement screen due to dead pixels littering the screen, but it never returned. I was issued a voucher for a replacement and decided to take the leap into the world of 4K. The X85C was in the price range and it looked smart so i ordered it and picked up a few days later.

I've now had the tv just under a month and to be honest I'm not exactly thrilled by it. Picture quality is superb and it sounds equally impressive being hooked up to the HT-CT780 sound bar i picked up to go with.

Trouble is the tv is plagued with issues. When i switch it on, for the first hour or 2 the back case of the tv clicks and pops while heating up. This is really annoying because it's extremely audible. The sounds always come from the same area, where the power cord is attached to the back of the tv. Not sure if this is anything to be concerned about, but it's annoying and have contacted sony.

Secondly it's just really slow to do anything. When switching the tv on it takes a good 30 seconds before it responds to button pushes on the remote, meaning if it comes on to the wrong input I'm stuck watching a black screen until i can switch the input i want to watch. Sometimes the input button doesn't work at all, have to go back to the home menu and select an input from there. On occassion it won't recognise any other input but HDMI 3 so i have to resdet the tv.

Thirdly the NETFLIX button! have to hold it down for about 10-15 seconds before the tv even attempts to load NETFLIX. Surely this isn't normal?

Next problem is after the tv has been reset, when trying to load youtube, play store etc, it says no network connection even though in network settings it says connected via ethernet.

Last but not least, no matter how many times i set picture settings for apps everytime i load them up again the settings have reverted back to out the bos fresh over saturated settings. Also if for example I'm viewing my input on HDMI 1, then decide to watch something on youtube for example, when i go back to HDMI 1 it has the same picture settings as youtube.

I really want to love this tv, but it's making it hard right now.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In your case, i would take the tv back immediatley and ask for an exchange, sounds like your tv has a fault im afraid, especially the 'clicks and pops'

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In your case, i would take the tv back immediatley and ask for an exchange, sounds like your tv has a fault im afraid, especially the 'clicks and pops'

Cheers

Triswillmott

I've contacted Sony. Waiting to hear back from them, hoping they'll get an engineer round to have a look and diagnose the problem. Kinda hoping it's not anything too serious, wouldn't leave me wanting another another Bravia tv. 

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

Did you stick with tthe X8509c after?

Exchanged my 55 W829 for this 4K TV and because I am a later buyer I have had a really good experience with it in general.

One weird minor issue though; the black bars have a little lumenance which I was disappointed with at first look, no matter how cinematic the settings. Mottionflow on Custom: Clearness 2 makes the top and bottom borders look deep black but crushes black detail. So Clearness 1 is a decent compromise.

BUT...the actual image quality on a 16:9 or 21:9 (incl borders) image has amazing contrast 'pop' in comparison to my previous TV. Black screen uniformity has been top notch on recent Sony mid-high range TVs-with proper settings.

A lot go by the OOTB settings and this is a major mistake imo.

Havent enjoyed as much black detail and contrast since I owned a 46" W-5500. The 55 X8509 is a stunning TV in it's current guise imo.

Patrick.