Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 remote (RMF-TX200E)

SOLVED
powloo
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 remote (RMF-TX200E)

Has anyone experienced the RMF-TX200E remote hanging? It doesn't respond, and then I have to remove the batteries and re-insert them to get it working again.

The TV says there is an update available, but when I try to update it the TV says 'Updating' and then after a while it says 'Update failed' - the remote's LED then stays lit for a while, before becoming available again.

I've contacted Sony support in the UK, who for some reason, have told me to contact Sony Portugal on their online form?! I have asked them why and have not received a reply. Surely if I buy a product in the UK, I get support in the UK? Even if they have to refer to international teams, support should do it?

Anyway, anyone got a solution to the problem? Or has had a similar problem? Or has been fobbed off by Sony UK support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i assume your TV is connected to your home network and can connect to the internet ok?  I.e. YouTube works ok?

Im loathed to suggest a factory reset, as it seems rather drastic to be honest.  But it can clear out any 'gremlins' and ive nothing really else to suggest to be honest. If i pass this to Sony Support, this is going to be one of their troubleshooting steps anyhow, so you might as well give it a go?

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, i have experienced the remote freezing on the XD8577.  If you wait approximately 30seconds when it does freeze, it will work again.

What firmware version are you on?  You should be on 3.395.  If not try updating via the USB method.

See: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/kd-4K-2016-android-models-update-v3395-eu...

Cheers

powloo
Explorer

The TV firmware is fine and up to date (3.395).

The TV is saying there is an update for the Remote Control, under 'Settings->Voice Remote Control'. The remote control is currently on version 5.3.12.016. When I try to update the remote is when I see the error. I was hoping the remote control update would fix the freezing. But I can't get it to apply; the remote control update just fails ("Voice Remote Control software update could not be completed". The remote is then 'dead' for about 30 seconds, then comes back to life.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh

Yes.  There is an update to the voice remote control.  Just updated mine (thanks) with no issues. Version 5.3.13.017

Now, why isnt it working for you.  Can you try rebooting the TV by pressing and holding the power button on the remote control for 6-10seconds.

Failing that, switch the tv completely off from the wall for 2 minutes, then try again.

powloo
Explorer

Nope, neither of those work. Still fails to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i assume your TV is connected to your home network and can connect to the internet ok?  I.e. YouTube works ok?

Im loathed to suggest a factory reset, as it seems rather drastic to be honest.  But it can clear out any 'gremlins' and ive nothing really else to suggest to be honest. If i pass this to Sony Support, this is going to be one of their troubleshooting steps anyhow, so you might as well give it a go?

Cheers

powloo
Explorer

Yep, TV's connected fine, everything works. That was the last thing to try I guess, but it's a pain typing in all those credentials again.

But I will give it a go later. Can't interrupt Peppa Pig at the moment 🙂

powloo
Explorer

Ok, that did it. Factory reset, set up the TV again, did an update and now the new firmware loaded on to the remote.

Thanks Quinnicus!

powloo
Explorer

The new remote control firmware and/or factory reset also seems to have fixed the navigation problem using the IR blaster to the Sky STB where it would send '3' arrow keys rather than '1'. 

Tranmere28
Explorer

Both remotes not responding. Unfortunately Bluetooth turned off on touchpad, any ideas ?