Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF8096 - Bravia won't auto update firmware

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

KD-55XF8096 - Bravia won't auto update firmware

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Hello - Yes, I updated via the USB without an issue..

Cheers..

profile.country.GB.title
Cliffo4
Explorer

I copied the .pkg onto a USB 3 disk that is NTFS and whoosh... off it goes.  So many thanks for that suggestion.  No idea why the Stick in EXT32 wouldn't work.  Its just started a restart and is updating, so will be fun to see what happens - hopefully all should be good now.

Many thanks again. 

profile.country.GB.title
Cliffo4
Explorer

Well...

I updated and now wish I had not.  I find that if I leave the TV off / standby, or sometimes when switching back from YouTube, but both to TV (Digital in UK), it just sits there blank, sometimes it will allow me to press Home and go back through apps but invariable will then crash, time doesnt update, or no buttons on remote responsive (LED light under TV fails to flash), so its a pull power and start up again.  Sometime it will do what looks like a watchdog timer failure and restart.

This happens almost everyday, often multiple times a day.

So to say I am unhappy is an understatement.

I have put the old PKG file back onto the USB stick but it just pops up, saying it is on the most up to date software.

So How do I get it to force to go back to firmware v6.5830, which wasn't perfect, but at least it didnt crash everyday.  I want to force a downgrade to firmware v6.5830.  Any suggestions?